Multiple zones for Lifestyle 600 system

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Multiple zones for Lifestyle 600 system

I am installing a Lifestyle 600 system at my house.  I currently have a two-zone Bose Lifestyle 35 system.  I am replacing zone 1 (my living room) with the Lifestyle 600.  Zone 2 is the rest of my house with Bose 131-RS speakers in the ceiling.  How do I set up two zones on the Lifestyle 600 so that it drives the existing ceiling speakers + my new home theater?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: Multiple zones for Lifestyle 600 system

Hi NatickBoseGuy,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

Unfortunately the newer SoundTouch systems are not able to integrate with the older expansion products that use Bose Link.  If you wanted to upgrade the main room with the LS600, you would also need to replace the amplifiers for the expansion zones with the SA-5 amp which is SoundTouch ready.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply.   The SA-5 amp seems like a good solution to drive the ceiling speakers, and then I can connect the SA-5 to the Lifestyle 600 system using SoundTouch.

Looking at the back of my Lifestyle 35 and the back of the SA-5 amp ... the input jack for the speaker wiress look different.  Can a Bose installation person help me adjust the cords?  The ceiling speakers were hard-wired into the ceiling when the previous owner built the house in 2002.  All I have is one cord that comes out in my living room that connects all eight ceiling speakers as “Zone 2” on my Lifesystem 35.  

As long as I can plug that one cord in the SA-5 amp, then I am good to go, but I’ll likely need help from someone at Bose to change over the cord ending??

Thank you,

Justin

Community Manager

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the update!  The tough one here is we do not have authorized installers at this point.  It may be worth checking with the local Bose store at either Wrentham or Merrimack, NH to see if they recommend someone in the area.  

Also, with the 8 ceiling speakers, it sounds like you probably have 4x SA-2 or SA-3 amps or even possibly custom wired to a custom amp as well.  The SA-5 amp is capable of handling 2 sets of speakers.  

I think the best thing to do is to get an installer over that can assess the original setup and make the necessary recommendations.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A