jakehosh
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2017

My New Bose RC-PWS III remote won't pair

Hey everyone,

I just recently bought one of the new Bose RC-PWS III remotes for my bedroom to control everything after I have been using one in my living room and loved it.  However, everytime I enter in one of the codes the remote gets stuck on the device and the device light is stuck on.  No matter what I do I can't change devices or try to program anything else.  I have to take the batteries out and back in again for it to work again, but then it forgets the code I am using.  I am using the remote for an ATT cable box, Samsung TV, Samsung Blu-Ray player, Apple TV, and a Bose Solo 1.  It only works on the Solo.  Did I just get a busted remote and should return it for another or is there an easier fix?  Thanks and any help is much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: My New Bose RC-PWS III remote won't pair

Hello jakehosh,

Thanks for your inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you have been experiencing with the RC-PWS III remote. Since this remote's programming process differs from many common universal remotes, I'd like to post the programming steps, just to be sure we aren't missing any steps. 

1. Power on your source
  2. Locate the code for your source’s brand in the Universal Remote Device Codes book
  3. On the remote control, press and hold the appropriate source button until all six source buttons glow, then release. Only the appropriate source button glows
  4. Enter the code for your source’s brand. If all six buttons blink three times, you entered an invalid code
  5. Press Volume +
  6. Test the source for basic functions:
    1. TV: press the channel buttons. Press Menu. The settings menu appears. Press the arrow keys to navigate
    2. Cable/satellite box: press Guide. The programming guide appears Press the arrow keys to navigate
    3. DVD or Blu-ray player: press Guide. The settings menu appears. Press the arrow keys to navigate
    4. Game system: Press the arrow keys to navigate
  7. If your source responds to basic functions, press Exit to save your settings

This video may also be helpful. 

Let us know if you are still having any issues. If possible, please let us know which step in the above process is where the remote is presenting the issue. 

Thank you,

Brian

tucumgal
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

Glad to see the steps to program the PWS III, as I could not find this info on the Nose website. My problem is that my tv is a Sanyo and when I enter the 5digit source code all 6 buttons start flashing after entering the 4th digit. Using the volume + button only increases the sound.

Joel_D
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello tucumgal,

Thank you for your post. If you have tried all the steps above to program your TV, you should factory default your remote by: (this will clear all codes)

• On the remote control, press and hold a source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. The button that was held remains glowing
  • On the number keypad, enter 981. The source buttons flash to confirm

Then follow THIS to program the remote again, the Sayno TV code is 0159

Let us know if this helps.

Best Regards