Max LWETDFHGERHSRSJEBDXDFSFDJNBV
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

My computer is detecting multiple speakers, I can't proceed with setup.

This is aggravating! I changed my WiFi name on my router and now cannot connect Wave radio Soundtouch at all. So I went into set up. Of course your app has nothing made easy, like just change to another wifi... After several attempts. I tried the USB method. It would get me to the "you have two radios connected to your Mac computer", and locking up the app from proceeding and/or going back. I only have 1 ST btw...  So then I tried my iPhone App, tried the "hold network button on back of the wave radio until steady amber light". But no Bose WiFi showed up on my wifi list. So dead end there as well. Then I unplugged radio 30+ secs to reset. And tried all of the above numerous times. Seriously, does it really have to be this hard?!   How do I get rid of the multiple ST's error message? What if I have NO lights on the front panel of the wifi base?

One other question not on topic, but why can't the radio adjust for daylight savings time? it's on the network, should be that hard to make that a feature. $500 radio that doesn't auto set time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: My computer is detecting multiple speakers, I can't proceed with setup.

Author Accepted Answer selected by Max LWETDFHGERHSRSJEBDXDFSFDJNBV

Hello Max LWETDFHGERHSRSJEBDXDFSFDJNBV,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your Wave to your new Wi-Fi network and I would be happy to help with this.

This issue you are encountering while trying to perform the USB setup, where it thinks it can detect multiple speakers, is something that has started to happen with Catalina on Mac computers. At this time that makes it so you are unable to complete the USB setup with a Mac running Catalina.

However, there are alternate ways of setting up on a Wi-Fi network, including the method you attempted with the app on your phone. As it is not working so far there are some extra steps you can take to get the speaker back up and running.

As the Bose Wi-Fi network is not showing currently, what you will need to do is a factory default of the pedestal of the Wave. The instructions for doing so are HERE. You only need to reset the SoundTouch pedestal, not the whole system.

Once you have performed this reset, the Wi-Fi network will be broadcasting, allowing you to complete the setup on your phone. If not with the app, then by using our alternate setup method on a phone, tablet or computer.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

I fixed some issues. Where its says "hold control until solid amber and set up messages appear"  well I'd get the solid, but no message would appear. You need to change that step on the iPhone app to say "hold control no more than 8 seconds" Amber led will be steady and setup message will display. NOW you can find it in the WiFi list.  So Yes, I got it connected by ignoring the app.  And even though I am now streaming music, I still don't have any color of light on the front of the network device, I'll mark that up as a burned out LED.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Max LWETDFHGERHSRSJEBDXDFSFDJNBV

Hello Max LWETDFHGERHSRSJEBDXDFSFDJNBV,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble connecting your Wave to your new Wi-Fi network and I would be happy to help with this.

This issue you are encountering while trying to perform the USB setup, where it thinks it can detect multiple speakers, is something that has started to happen with Catalina on Mac computers. At this time that makes it so you are unable to complete the USB setup with a Mac running Catalina.

However, there are alternate ways of setting up on a Wi-Fi network, including the method you attempted with the app on your phone. As it is not working so far there are some extra steps you can take to get the speaker back up and running.

As the Bose Wi-Fi network is not showing currently, what you will need to do is a factory default of the pedestal of the Wave. The instructions for doing so are HERE. You only need to reset the SoundTouch pedestal, not the whole system.

Once you have performed this reset, the Wi-Fi network will be broadcasting, allowing you to complete the setup on your phone. If not with the app, then by using our alternate setup method on a phone, tablet or computer.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2016

- thanks for this, I had no idea. Another thing Catalina messed up besides all my 32 bit software ban.

Thank for the response.