ATT75
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

New Lifestyle 650 issues

I just purchased a Lifestyle 650 and tried setting it up tonight.  I upgraded from a V35 Lifestyle system and am very familiar with Bose products.

I followed the instructions and plugged the head unit into my TV by HDMI, put batteries into the remote and powered it up.

On the remote the Bose logo lit up on the LCD for 10-15 seconds and it then went blank.

The head unit powered up but went into sleep mode.  5 seconds of Yellow light, 1 second blink then 5 seconds of Yellow light.

Pressing the power button on the remote did nothing so I pressed the power button on the console and the power light went white and it started up.

I got the Bose logo on a white background on my TV for 10 seconds or so, then a flash of a picture of the Remote Control with text in many languages on either side (for 1-2 seconds) then it automatically moves onto the screen below.

The remote is still unresponsive so could not navigate to the "Continue" button.  I tried powering down the head unit several times including unplugging the power for 30 seconds and got the same result

I have downloaded the Soundtouch App and the unit is not broadcasting a wifi signal so cannot connect to it to troubleshoot.

It looks like a defective unit.  Other than returning it to the Bose store does anyone have any ideas?

Lifestyle650 error.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
GuyinPA75
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

Re: New Lifestyle 650 issues

Sounds like you may just need to repair the remote with the console. I had do same thing when first setting up.

The product manual is online on the Bose 650 product page. Pull up and search how to repair remote with console. Willing bet you be good from that point on.

Highlighted
ATT75
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried this several times and no luck.  Should I plug in the IR receiver cable and see if I can get the remote working that way?

Highlighted
GuyinPA75
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

Think that is recommend but that IR thing is such a pain and eyesore.

I'd try it and see what happens. If still not working bet you have defetive unit. Would definitely look into return/exchange.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi ATT75, 

We have an article HERE that can help. Please let us know if it doesn't. GuyinPA75 is right, there may be something not working properly with the unit if those steps don't help.

Thank you 

Highlighted
ATT75
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Hi, I have just returned from 2 weeks traveling and am trying to action your suggested help.  Unfortunately the link you posted goes to a support article on connecting a SoundTouch Bar with Alexa.  Can you please resend the correct link so I can try to troubleshoot this problem?

Highlighted
ATT75
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 27, 2017

Hi Brent, I returned the console and remote to my Bose store today and they replaced it and thankfully the replacement unit works perfectly.  So unfortunately it was a faulty unit but thanks to the great service and replacement I am a happy customer again.  thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi ATT75, 

Thanks for getting back to us. Good to hear the replacement console and remote have resolved this. Our apologies for the link. We've just moved to a new support platform at www.bose.com/support but that link does not seem to have been updated. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Kind Regards