Soniax11
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

New set up Bose solo 5 help

Hi . I’m really struggling to set up my remote with my Bose solo 5 universal remote. Looked online and says to hold the tv button down till all 6 flash . I pop in Samsung code ,volume up ... tv still stays lit ... nothing . I’ve set up my Samsung tv for the Bose , but still have to use my you view remote to control volume etc 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_G

Re: New set up Bose solo 5 help

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Soniax11, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community! 👋

I'd be more than happy to assist you with the programming of your Solo 5 remote. 

1. Please press and hold the source button you want to program, in this case, TV. Hold it till all of the source buttons flash. 

NOTE: In remotes manufactured before 2019, you need to enter a 4-digit code. In remotes manufactured 2019 onwards, you need to enter a 5-digit code. How can you check? Open up the battery compartment then check the part number.

If the remote's part number ends in -1020, it's a pre-2019 remote that needs a 4-digit code.

If the remote's part number ends in -1030, it's a post-2019 remote that needs a 5-digit code. 

2. Enter the code. For Samsung, that'll be either: 00060 or 0060 depending on the date of your remote's manufacture.  

3. Press the Vol+ button. This initiates the first code.

Did you know there are roughly 30 different codes associated with the code you entered? When you press Vol+ it activates the code, e.g: 0060a, each time you press Vol+ the next code activates, e.g: 0060b. Why are there so many sub-codes? There are many different devices generally made by any given manufacturer, so not all codes are created equally. You may need to cycle through the codes to find one suitable for your TV/device. 

4. Check for functionality. You may find certain functions work, like changing the channel, or turning the TV on/off, but others don't. If that's the case, press Vol+ to activate the next code. 

5. Once you've found a code that covers most/all of the buttons you need, then be sure to hit EXIT to lock the code into the remote's memory. 

6. Repeat these steps for other devices like your cable box, Blu Ray player etc. 

This video walks you through the process, I'd definitely recommend watching it to fully understand the process. 

I hope this helps! Please be sure to let me know how you get on. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: New set up Bose solo 5 help

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Jessie_O

Hi Soniax11, 

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the Community! 👋

I'd be more than happy to assist you with the programming of your Solo 5 remote. 

1. Please press and hold the source button you want to program, in this case, TV. Hold it till all of the source buttons flash. 

NOTE: In remotes manufactured before 2019, you need to enter a 4-digit code. In remotes manufactured 2019 onwards, you need to enter a 5-digit code. How can you check? Open up the battery compartment then check the part number.

If the remote's part number ends in -1020, it's a pre-2019 remote that needs a 4-digit code.

If the remote's part number ends in -1030, it's a post-2019 remote that needs a 5-digit code. 

2. Enter the code. For Samsung, that'll be either: 00060 or 0060 depending on the date of your remote's manufacture.  

3. Press the Vol+ button. This initiates the first code.

Did you know there are roughly 30 different codes associated with the code you entered? When you press Vol+ it activates the code, e.g: 0060a, each time you press Vol+ the next code activates, e.g: 0060b. Why are there so many sub-codes? There are many different devices generally made by any given manufacturer, so not all codes are created equally. You may need to cycle through the codes to find one suitable for your TV/device. 

4. Check for functionality. You may find certain functions work, like changing the channel, or turning the TV on/off, but others don't. If that's the case, press Vol+ to activate the next code. 

5. Once you've found a code that covers most/all of the buttons you need, then be sure to hit EXIT to lock the code into the remote's memory. 

6. Repeat these steps for other devices like your cable box, Blu Ray player etc. 

This video walks you through the process, I'd definitely recommend watching it to fully understand the process. 

I hope this helps! Please be sure to let me know how you get on. 😊

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post