Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alex345
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

No sound from left speaker

I have a 12 year old Bose 321 Series II.  Today I became aware that no sound is coming from the left speaker. I don't know how long this has been the case.  I use the Bose system for cable TV and today I tried to connect my Amazon echo but there  was no sound coming from the left speaker. I've rechecked all the connection and they seem snug. I changed the Echo input from AUX to TV. I've unplugged and re-plugged the system. I've swapped the speakers. In each case there's no sound from the left speaker.  So no left speaker sound from the AUX, CABLE and TV inputs. I had the idea that maybe the speaker balance is all the way towards the right speaker but there doesn't seem to be a balance control. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alex345
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Re: No sound from left speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by alex345

Hi Tegan,

Everything is working. 

I had to borrow a CD which took a while. They're not so common anymore. Anyway both channels worked which surprised me. So I played with the inputs and discovered that one of the TV audio input cables was intermittent. Now both the TV and the Amazon echo are all just fine.

Thanks ever so much for all your help. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't discover this out on my own.

Thanks again,

Alex

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tegan_M

Hi Alex345, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are having this experience with your 321 Series II system.

When you do not have the Amazon Echo attached to your TV do you get audio from the left speaker?

Do let us know, we'd love to help. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
alex345
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Hi Tegan,

Thanks for the quick response. I unplugged the Echo and still no sound from the left speaker. For the past five years I've only used the Bose system for my Cable TV.  I really don't know how long the left speaker hasn't worked. Maybe recently...maybe years ago.

Thanks again.

Alex

Tegan_M

Hi Alex345, 

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this. 

Can you please reset your product via;

• Turn the system off. Wait 30 seconds
  • Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet
  • Unplug the Acoustimass module cable from the module and media center. Wait 30 seconds
  • Reconnect the Acoustimass module cable at both ends
  • Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord
  • Wait for the words "Bose 3.2.1" to appear and disappear from the display
  • Retest the system

Following this, if this issue persists, please switch the left and right speakers to see which channels work. 

Please let us know!

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
alex345
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Hi Tegan,

I unplugged the AC power and the cable from the bass unit to the control unit and replugged everything back and saw the Bose 123 display but still no sound from the left speaker. Earlier I had also swapped the speakers with no effect.

Thanks,

Alex

Tegan_M

Hi Alex, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

To confirm, when you switched audio channels was it then the right channel that no longer worked or did this continue to be the left channel not working?

Can you try playing a CD, DVD and Radio with your system to see if this issue persists?

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

alex345
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by alex345

Hi Tegan,

Everything is working. 

I had to borrow a CD which took a while. They're not so common anymore. Anyway both channels worked which surprised me. So I played with the inputs and discovered that one of the TV audio input cables was intermittent. Now both the TV and the Amazon echo are all just fine.

Thanks ever so much for all your help. I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't discover this out on my own.

Thanks again,

Alex

View solution in original post