HarrySmooth
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2017

Onkyo TX-RZ810 Compatable with 901's? If so, How?

3 REPLIES 3
Brent_B
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Onkyo TX-RZ810 Compatable with 901's? If so, How?

Hi HarrySmooth,

Thank you for the post. The TX-RZ810 does not have a dedicated tape monitor path or Pre out-Main In connections. There are Pre out connections, but there are no Main in connections which are needed for the EQ. Because of this, there is no way to connect the 901 EQ so it would affect all connected sources. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Please let us know if you have any other questions or if you would like us to look at another receiver for you. 

Kind Regards

HarrySmooth
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2017

Thank you for the Bad news.....thats what I feared.......(Knew in my heart) but wanted to make sure......**bleep**.....I have TWO Sets of 901 Gen III anyone want to buy em? $900 per pair,, $1500 for all four and 2 EQ/Boosters

Thank you for your prompt reply

Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Harry Smooth,

I'd just like to add that there is an alternative solution. However, it would involve adding another (possibly expensive) component to your setup. The use of a separate preamplifier in addition to your Onkyo receiver would allow you to use the 901s with the 901 Equalizer. See page 2 of this guide. I understand that this may not be an optimal solution, but wanted to make sure you were aware of this option. 

Best regards,

Brian