Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smodgil
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Optical cable to cinemate 15

Hi... I just bought a cinemate 15. The optical cable connection to sound bar is kind of loose. It don’t give a click. I talked to one of my friend, he have same issue too. Is it fixable or it comes like this? Connection to TV is fine. From USA

4 REPLIES 4
Vicky_W

Re: Optical cable to cinemate 15

Hello Smodgil,

Welcome to the forums. 

Not owning one of these systems personally, I would be unable to confirm if there should be a click heard. I would love to hear if anyone in the forums has any feedback? On the basis that your friend has the same experience, and the connection is working, I would say that this is normal. Do you have any issues at all with the optical cable that would leave you to believe this is not working? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Smodgil
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

I don’t think there is any issue with the cable bcoz I tried two different cables but worked same way. Cable is loose with soundbar... it comes out easily which is not normal I believe 

Xyz987
Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Optical is optical.  They all click into the optical port.  Do you have the option of using HDMI?

Jeff_G

@Smodgil

The Cinemate 15 features optical, digital coaxial and red/white RCA. Optical is the preferred connection type. 

There shouldn't be a worry with optical falling out of its own accord. If you do find the connection is compromised, do not hesitate to get in touch with local support to discuss your options for service here.

All the best,

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!