Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2016

Pair Rear Speakers to SoundTouch 120

Simple Question:
Is there (or will there be in the future) some way to pair 1 or 2 extra speakers to the sountouch 120 in order to get more accurate surround sound (extra channels)?
Is it technically possible to do so with existing wireless Bose Speakers (i.e Bose SounLink mini BT) or future ones?
6 REPLIES 6
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Re: Pair Rear Speakers to SoundTouch 120

Hi Barleby,

The SoundTouch 120 and 130 home theater systems are complete out-of-box home theater solutions. They do not offer a way to attach extra speakers as part of the surround-sound playback for that system. There have been no plans announced for a feature of this sort which would allow for rear speakers on those systems. 
Additional speakers in the SoundTouch family can be used to stream synchronized music from the the SoundTouch along with a 120 system. This will allow for multi-room playback. Bluetooth speakers such as the SoundLink mini cannot be used for this purpose. 
Thank you. 

Registered since

Jun 2, 2016

What are the additional speakers in the sound touch family? We also have a 120 system and ewould like to hear our music in several rooms.
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Sep 11, 2014

Hi Glasgal,

Compatible wireless speakers all have "SoundTouch" in the name. To list a few:

• ​Stand-alone speakers: SoundTouch 10, 20 & 30 Models
  • The Wave SoundTouch Music System
  • The SoundTouch SA-5 amplifier (for powering any of our passive speakers)

Note that this will not work with any of our "SoundLink" family of Bluetooth speakers.
Hope this helps!
Registered since

Dec 12, 2016

Hello George,
When I bought my SoundTouch 120 I was told (by the guys at BestBuy) that I would be able to attach additional surround speakers. I bought them couple of months ago. From what I have read on threads so far, what the guys at BestBuy told me was not true after all. Are there any plans of releasing any additional speakers for SoundTouch soundbars? Especially for the 120?
Thanks,
Sid
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

George:

That is an interesting Avator you chose Smiley Happy

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

We can confirm that the SoundTouch 120 is a standalone system for home theater and is not designed to add additional surround speakers to it. You can, however, add other SoundTouch products in other rooms for multi-zone music listening that is controlled by your mobile phone, tablet or computer through the SoundTouch app.