Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Placement of Wave Soundtouch IV

I tried searching this site and the interwebs for an answer but was unable to find what I was looking for.

I recently boght the Wave Soundtouch IV as a gift. This unit will be in our kitchen which is sort of oddly shaped. The instructions say to avoid placing it in a corner and that it should be within 2 feet of a wall. The 2 feet is not an issue. But the corner is exactly where I was going to put it. It is out of the way and is one of the only available pieces of real estate. It is also almost exactly across the room from where my wife will listen most often while preparing food. I was wondering how much this will effect the sound quality. I do have carpentry skills and could easily build a sort of false wall behind the Wave so it would not be "directly in the corner". I thought this might allow the sounds to bounce out of the corner some if that is the issue with putting it in the corner. Right now the table it would go on is about 40" high but there is also a shelf about head height as well. There really isn't a good flat wall available anyplace that would not be in the way somehow due to the size and shape of the kitchen.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Placement of Wave Soundtouch IV

Hi maxpower_hd,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

You can put the speaker in the corner, however it will most likely increase the amount of bass that comes from the system.

Try it out, and if there is too much bass you can try moving the system.

Let us know if it works out!

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support