nshulman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Premium backlit remote no longer works with Wave Music System Model AWRCC1

Even with new batteries and recycling power to system, the premium backlit remote just stopped working (after years of working OK). Backlights do not turn on. Credit card remote does work. Customer service could not help. I also called the nearest Bose store. Bought a new premium remote on eBay (they claimed it works, but does not) and got that today. The system works fine, radio, clock, CD, etc. The premium remote made it usable from a night table which is not in a direct line with the system. 

Update, on my 3rd call to customer service, they suggested I buy the premium remote for the newer Wave music system with 2 alarms. Except for the 2nd alarm, they believe it will work with my system.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Premium backlit remote no longer works with Wave Music System Model AWRCC1

Hi Nnshulman!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues your having with your Backlit remote, I'll do everything I can to assist you. 

The remote that your referring to is no longer sold by Bose so is unavailable. There is no reason the newer one for the newer system wouldn't work, but please be aware that this may limit some functionality. 

I hope this is helpful, have a great day! 

Jessie - Community Support

nshulman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

I ordered the nerwer remote and hope it will work if it ever arrives. But now I have a bigger problem. I had to turn the system over to get to the serial number for customer service, and the CD player doesn't work anymore. There was a disc in it and is now unable to eject, reads "disk error". I may have to send in the entire system for repair. I am most unhappy. Is there anything else I can do?

Hi nshulman,

Oh no! I'm sorry. Is it the built in CD drive, or do you have the multi-disc changer?

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Highlighted
nshulman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Built-in CD.

I would recommend a step we sometimes take to get the disc out when it gets jammed. This step is simply to keep the system upside down, and eject the disc at the same time. This sometimes allows the mechanism to re-engage and grab the disc.

Give this a try and let us know how you get on.

King Regards,

Brandon_C