Ciphoto
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

Re: Problem - Cinemate Digital Home Theater System won't Turn On

Up plug the bass unit, and unhook the speakers... for several hours.  Then hook it back up.  I have an unit I haves for years and I have been having to do this more and more frequently.  At first a few hours hours work, then a day.  Now I don't think it will work at all.  

I came here to see if there was a part I could replace etc myself.  But like I said mine is an old unit. We've had it for probable 15 years or more.

CW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

I've had this for less than 3 years. If this is how bose makes products now, i wont bother replacing it or unplugging it for hours at a time, I'll just find something else. Until then, I deserve a solution from Bose.
Ciphoto
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

I agree.

bondugula21
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 2, 2017

My Bose Cinemate 15 stopped suddenly from yesterday night. Power botton never turns on. I am frustrted like anything since yesterday night. I followed all threads in this topic, nothing is working. Please someone, help.

abhinukal
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

I'm having the same issue with my Bose Cinemate GS Series II speakers. Whatever I do, the green light just doesn't turn on. No red light either. When contacted Bose support they told to replace the Interface Module. I paid $80 for a new Interface module but that also does not work!!! It's extremely frustrating as Bose does not provide good support over the phone nor they have any service centres in the US. 

Hi abhinukal, 

Many apologies that this has happened. I'm very sorry to hear that your issue has not been resolved. The problem must lie with a different part of the system. Please give another call to your local service group so they can assist. Their phone number can be found if you go to the site HERE, select your country, click "Support" in the upper right", scroll down and click on "Contact Us". 

Kind regards

Jranddolph
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

With all due respect, there are thousands of us out here with this exact same problem. Surely you guys understand that this is a real issue. We have all gone through all of these ridiculous hoops and tried everything and have scoured the Internet to try to find somebody with an answer. This is ridiculous. This is the fourth Bose system our family has purchased over the last 20 years.  Until we purchased the cinnamate system, I was convinced that Bose cannot be beat. This is EXTREMELY, disappointing. This is been an absolute waste of money. 

Hi Jranddolph,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing a similar issue. We've heard your concerns, and we certainly want everyone to receive the best possible experience from their Cinemate Home Theater Systems. If you've already gone through ALL of the troubleshooting steps in this thread, we recommend reaching out to your regional Bose Technical Support Team by phone. This way, we can best determine the next steps to help resolve your issue, in your specific region. Regional contact information can be found HERE. Select your country. Then, click "Support" in the upper right corner of the page. Scroll down and click "Contact Us".  

Best regards,

Brian

cmoss5
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Try what moderator says,,,,if all else fails,push the setup button, then 981 THEN unplug the 2 prong a/c cord for about 15 seconds,

THEN press the white On/Off button towards the red light and it should then come on...this works!! However, it still will not pair up

with my DIRECTV as still have to use the tv remote to control the sound.

tomzip
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 14, 2017

It looks like we all have a boat anchor. My Bose system won't turn on either. I tried all the "fixes", I even went out and bought a new remote. I also borrowed an "actual" Bose remote. Still have a $500 piece of garbage. Why won't any ORDINARY remote work with Bose?