Re: Problem - Cinemate Digital Home Theater System won't Turn On

Hi tomzip,

I'm sorry to hear that your system isn't functioning properly. Please give a call to your local service group so they can help. Once you select your country from THIS page, you should be able to find their phone number when you scroll down and click "Contact Us".

Kind Regards 

Jranddolph
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

I appreciate your response, but seriously, we all know how this movie ends. We have all tried every single one of the recommendations that anybody from Bose can give us. We have tried new wiring, we have tried turning off the system for hours at a time, we've tried replacing all sorts of parts and then finally, replacing the remote. Absolutely nothing works. I just wish you guys would be honest about it. I would almost feel better knowing I've got a $500 paperweight if you guys weren't pretending that something would actually fix it. The only thing that would fix it, is giving us our money back or actually coming up with a solution. I have yet to find a single person with this problem that is come up with an actual solution that fixes this on a consistent basis. Instead, I read post after post by hundreds of customers sharing the exact same frustration. What's even worse is that I have been a Bose customer for 25 years and have been your biggest fan and supporter. This is an astonishingly weak response to what supposed to be one of your better products.

Hello everyone,

We've heard your concerns and certainly understand the frustration. Since there seems to be a variety of similar, but slightly different issues being reported (including different Cinemate systems) I'd like to provide some troubleshooting that will hopefully help. We certainly don't want anyone to feel like they have to settle for a "paperweight". If the below troubleshooting steps do not resolve your issue, we urge you to reach out to your local Bose Technical Support Team. Although service options may vary by region, we certainly have options available to help you reach a resolution.

I'll start with the original CineMate Digital Home Theater System (2005-2012)

• Understanding LED status information:
    • No LEDs = No power to system
    • Red LED only = The system is powered, but turned off and in standby
    • Green LED only = The system is powered, turned on, and ready
    • Flashing Green LED = The green LED will flash each time the Interface module receives a command from the remote
  • Troubleshooting: System will not turn on
    • Check to see if the remote operates other devices.
      • Try controlling another device with the remote (i.e TV, cable box).
      • Replace the batteries if necessary
      • If you cannot use the remote to control other devices, this could be an indicator that the remote control needs to be replaced
    • Make sure the power cord(s) is/are securely connected.
      • If either end of the power cord(s) is/are not firmly connected, the power connection may be inconsistent.
      • While checking the power connection for the Bose system, be sure the power connection of any device connected to the system is also securely connected
    • Be sure the power cord(s) is/are plugged into a working power outlet(s).
      • If the outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the switch is in the On position. Test the outlet with another device, such as a lamp. If necessary, plug the system into a different outlet.
      • Note: Some power strips cut power to outlets when certain other outlets are not turned on. Check the manufacturer for details
    • Remove and reseat the interface module cable to ensure a firm connection.
      • Disconnect and reconnect the interface module connector at the back of the Acoustimass module. This connection is held in place by two thumbscrews which must be firmly tightened to ensure a proper connection.
    • Be sure the Acoustimass module is not dual voltage.
      • A dual-voltage module has a voltage selection switch next to the AC input jack. This switch may be set to 230V. If it is, unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet and switch the voltage selector setting to 115V (For North America. Do the opposite for regions using 220V – 240V) Reconnect the power cord
    • Perform a product reset.
      • Turn the product off 

• Unplug the power cord from the power outlet 

• Disconnect the Interface Module from the Acoustimass Module. Wait 30 seconds 

• Reconnect the Interface Module 

• Reconnect the power cord 

• Retest the system

• Clear the programmed remote codes.

• Be sure the remote is in its original state by clearing any programmed remote codes.

• Press and hold the Setup button until all five source buttons light. This takes about three seconds 

• Press 981 on the remote numeric keypad. The five source buttons will blink as each key is pressed 

• The five source buttons will blink rapidly and turn off after the code is entered

• Note: This clears all programmed codes. If you have codes that are working for one or more non-Bose products, be sure to write them down so you can select them at a later time.

• Contact Bose Technical Support 

• Regional contact information can be found HERE. After selecting your region, navigate to the top-right corner of the page and select 'Support'. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'. 

Next, the CineMate II & GS II Home Theater Systems (2009-2014)

• Understand LED status information (note: these models do not have a red LED indicator)
    • No LED = The system is off or is not connected to power
    • Green LED On = The system is on
    • Green .5 Hz Blink = The system is receiving a remote command
    • 1 Hz Blink Repeating = The system is muted
    • 2 Blinks = The maximum or minimum volume threshold has been reached. If a volume button is being held down, this pattern will repeat;
    • 4 Blinks Repeating = After holding down the power button for 10 or more seconds, this blink pattern will appear if the Interface Module does not detect an input signal
    • 2 Blinks Repeating = After holding down the power button for 10 or more seconds, this blink pattern will appear if the Interface Module has detected an input signal. 
    • 10 Blinks = The system has just been connected to power and the Interface Module is properly connected
      • If either end of the power cord(s) is/are not firmly connected, the power connection may be inconsistent.
      • While checking the power connection for the Bose system, be sure the power connection of any device connected to the system is also securely connected
    • Check to see if the LED on the interface module blinks after being connected to power.
      • Once the system is connected to power, the green LED on the front of the interface module will blink for 10 seconds. If the LED does blink after being connected to power but the system will not turn on, the remote is likely the culprit. Try replacing the battery. If still no luck, the remote will likely need to be replaced
      • If the outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the switch is in the On position. Test the outlet with another device, such as a lamp. If necessary, plug the system into a different outlet.
      • Note: Some power strips cut power to outlets when certain other outlets are not turned on. Check the manufacturer for details
    • Remove and reseat the interface module cable to ensure a firm connection.
      • Disconnect and reconnect the interface module connector at the back of the Acoustimass module. This connection is held in place by two thumbscrews which must be firmly tightened to ensure a proper connection.
      • Turn the product off 
      • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet 
      • Disconnect the Interface Module from the Acoustimass Module. Wait 30 seconds 
      • Reconnect the Interface Module 
      • Retest the system
      • Regional contact information can be found HERE. After selecting your region, navigate to the top-right corner of the page and select 'Support'. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Contact Us'. 

Finally, the Cinemate 15 Home Theater System (2014-2016)

• Understanding LED status information (note: this system has a white LED)
    • Off = The system is off or is not connected to power
    • On = The system is on
    • Steady Blinking = The system is muted
    • 1 Blink = A command was received from the remote control
    • 2 Blinks = The maximum or minimum volume threshold has been reached. If a volume button is being held down, this pattern will repeat.
    • 3 Blinks = Auto-sleep feature has been disabled/enabled
    • 10 Blinks = The system has just been connected to power
    • 4 Blinks Repeating = This shows in Diagnostic Mode (after holding Mute for 15 seconds, then releasing) if the system does not detect an input signal
    • 2 Blinks Repeating = This shows in Diagnostic Mode (after holding Mute for 15 seconds, then releasing) if the system has detected an input signal
    • Check to see if the remote operates other devices.
      • Try controlling another device with the remote (i.e TV, cable box).
      • Replace the batteries if necessary
      • If you cannot use the remote to control other devices, this could be an indicator that the remote control needs to be replaced
      • Turn the product off 
      • Unplug the power cord from the power outlet. Wait 1 minute 
      • Retest the system
    • Remove and reseat the soundbar cable.
      • Removing and reseating the soundbar cable from the Acoustimass module may restore proper functionality
    • Clear the programmed remote codes.
      • Be sure the remote is in its original state by clearing any programmed remote codes.
      • On the remote control, press and hold a source button (i.e., TV or CBL-SAT) until all six source buttons glow, then release. The button that was held remains glowing 
      • On the number keypad, enter 981. The source buttons flash to confirm 
      • Note: This clears all programmed codes. If you have codes that are working for one or more non-Bose products, be sure to write them down so you can select them at a later time.

We hope this information is helpful!

Best regards,

Brian

jimmygtn
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 21, 2017

I held  power down 10 seconds TV green light flashed. changed to AUX green light on system working.

Runningman74
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 23, 2017

After banging my head off a wall this worked first time! Thanks for advice

Hi Runningman74!

That is great to hear! Feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions or experience any further difficulties!

@jimmygtn,

To clarify here, after pressing and holding the power button for 10 seconds, the system is now working, is that correct?

Thanks for the follow-up!

-Michael 

JanskiHKT
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2017

CineMate 1Sr Purchased 2013

No power on the sound bar ie no led whatsoever , I have tried the resets and changed the batteries in the remote. Remote is powering the TV so no issues there I guess. The Bass is flashing slow yellow/orange light. I fear this is the end of the line....... appreciate any help please....
CW
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 23, 2017

In case anyone still reads these, i had to send my system back to be fixed. It cost $75 to send it back and they would attempt to fix it or they would replace it entirely. They fixed it, sent it back, and then charged me $75 again on what was supposed to be a one time charge. We argued it and they were going to look into it. That was weeks ago, no response. At this point, i have a fixed system and am out an additional $150 from my original purchase only 3 years ago. When this system dies again, ill be looking into other products after this experience.
Chrisbowen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 12, 2017

What about Bose CineMate 10?

Hi Chrisbowen, 

Can you elaborate a little further as to what you're experiencing with your Cinemate 10 so we can assist? Please let us know. 

Thank you