Rick Case
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Re: Problem - Cinemate Digital Home Theater System won't Turn On

Hello Moderator Brian,

My Interface Module has both the Red and Green Lights on together, the green being a little weaker in intensity than the red. I've tried all of the recommendations I've seen on this thread. I have the Cinemate Series I.

What else can I do?

cmctigue
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

I have the same problem , I bought another remote that is supposed to work with this model from the Bose website, it does nothing to turn the green light onI have tried all the remedies on here but nothing seems to work. My original Bose remote was much simpler with only on off and volume I think. Is there a code to put in this new remote to make it turn on the original cinemate?

Rick Case
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

I think the code was shared earlier in the thread. 981 I think.

I found a video online where they replaced the IR receiver in the adapter and that solved the issue. I'm going to try that route

Hello cmctigue,

I am not sure which remote you purchase, but if you can take a picture of it and post it here. Also can you check on the back of your bass module on the sticker for the model of the CineMate system you currently own? That way I can research to see if this remote is compatible with your system ?

Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

cmctigue
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

BOSE_0170.jpg

Hi cmctigue, 

Thank you for responding and posting pictures of those components. The serial number from your Acoustimass is definitely from our original Cinemate system. The interesting thing is that the original Cinemate was packaged with the same model remote you have in your picture. To make sure we're not missing anything, can you try to unplug the system from power for 30 seconds and re-test? Curiously, where did you purchase your system from? I wonder if your system somehow is using a Cinemate II interface module with an original Cinemate Acoustimass module. 

Here's a picture of the Cinemate II remote: 

Is that what your original remote looked like? If so, then you'll need a Cinemate II remote. As an additional note, I've removed the picture of your serial number for privacy. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

cmctigue
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

I tried the reset again ,no help. If I recall it was a full size bose remote mostly black with very few buttons, if I find it I will post a pictureof it.  Is Thera a code I can put into the remote that I have? I couldnt find the receipt  but I would guess Circuit City

Hi cmctigue,

There's no code that can be put into the Bose remote to control the system, it needs to be the same style of remote that was designed for the system.  

My recommendation at this point would be to get a new interface module for the system, as the IR sensor has most likely failed on there.  To purchase one, you can contact your local service center by phone to place an order.

If you have any more questions, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

e_gonzalez_89
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

I am currently in the same boat as everyone else. I have the Cinemate series I. I thought it was the remote but it was controlling another device so that went out of the equation. I then replaced the interface module and still not turning on. Light stays red. Not sure what the deal is. Hopefully this is an easy fix and dont have to come out of pocket more than I already have. Anything will help though. TIA
Jranddolph
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2017

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but chasing a solution to this is like searching for a unicorn. They will respond with literally the SAME EXACT suggestions. Suggestions that we’ve all tried...and failed. I’d actually feel better if they would just own it and say “Sorry guys,we screwed the pooch on this one, but your warranty is up anyway”, or something. At least I would feel better about loading the thing into the garbage.