ecodan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2017

Re: QC 30 - Poor sound quality

+1. I'm on my second set with the same problem which I will be returning. Very disappointing – even a very simple test comparing the microphone quality between QC 30s and QC 20s or sound sports reveals a world of difference in mic quality. It doesn't take sophisticated QA to discover this – these headphones should never have been released.

I will definitely reconsider buying what's the problem is fixed. It would be good to have some transparency from Bose. Trust is hard to earn and easy to lose.

FWIW The sound sport form factor is the best wireless form factor in the Bose line IMO. Would be great to see a sound reducing version of those.
ecodan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 26, 2017

P.S. I have a long trail of emails with customer service in which they never once mentioned this known problem. Waste of my time and sounds a bit like a cover-up.
Bthe13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

I am still experiencing terrible call quality on the qc30 if I'm in the bus or train or people speaking loud I have to disconnect and use the iPhone speaker (pretty annoying) specially when the stupid selection box to chose source of sound pops up. Anyway I am passed throwing to reach Bose technical team i feel like they already got my purchase of these lemons so they can careless if they are working how they are advertised. Hopefully they reflect on dedicated customer like myself and do a recall and fix these issue. Maybe they can learn from shooting muffles I have a pair and I can't hear the loud sound of the bullet but I can hear when talking to someone.
Bthe13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

At last! Thanks for a voice of hope! Hopefully you can figure this issue soon
Bthe13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Are you saying the qc35 work perfect and do not have a call distortion issue when around loud noise??
Bthe13
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 4, 2017

Because if that's the case I am tempted to go get them instead of the qc30 even though I like the smaller size of qc30
Robertpetry
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

Bthe13, 

I believe the QC35 has some issues as well.  I have seen similar threads about them and they have the same sidetone "feature."  Some people are buying mic's and cables that go with the QC25 to alleviate the issues.  

But I don't have one to confirm the problems. 

Mutnat
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@Bthe13 wrote:
Are you saying the qc35 work perfect and do not have a call distortion issue when around loud noise??

@Bthe13 no, I don't believe anybody has said that.  QC35 suffer from the same "side-tone" issue that makes phone calls in anything but a completely silent environment unusable.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
cvol
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2017

My question is will BOSE actually recall their devices and give us a recall. I have QC25, QC15 am a dedicated BOSE customer. I would love to get these issues sorted out and replace without losing a bluetooth and noise cancelling device.

Highlighted
Jay31
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Good to know that it's not only me!! I just got mine yesterday and a friend called me up while I'm in office with casual office chats in background. He seriously can hear the chats more than my voice! They are loud. His exact words. In which to my surprise why?? Seems like it's not only getting background noise, it's actually amplifying it to the receiver end. Will go back to shop today. Hopefully I can get something positive from customer care.