QC35 No audio from Instagram, Snapchat, etc. when music isn't playing

Audible Advocate

QC35 No audio from Instagram, Snapchat, etc. when music isn't playing

I updated my firmware to 1.2.9 and also updated the app on my iPhone yesterday and found a peculiar issue. I can no longer hear audio from any non-music app unless music is playing. For example if I'm listening to music and decide to watch a video on Instagram, I can hear the audio just fine. However if I pause my music to hear the video, the video's audio cuts out and if I press the volume up/down buttons on my headphones I get a beep. This has happened in all the apps I've tried it with including social media, games, etc and sound only plays if a song is shown as being played in the control center.

19 REPLIES

Re: QC35 No audio from Instagram, Snapchat, etc. when music isn't playing

Hey asp5,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you pair the headset to another device to see if you are experiencing similar issues? Also, may we have the model and iOS version for the iPhone?

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

Hey Mohsin_S,

I just paired the headphones with my laptop, which is running macOS Sierra 10.12.2, and I'm having the same issues with videos playing through Chrome. Also, my phone is an iPhone 6+ running iOS 10.2. Thank you. 

Hey asp5,

Thanks for your update. Try clearing the paired list from your Mac and iPhone, and also from the QC35 by sliding the power switch to the right and holding it until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared".  If possible, could you try to pair with another mobile device such as a different smartphone or tablet? If the issue persists, we recommend reaching out to your local Bose support to further explore this for you. Contact info can be found here. 

Mohsin

Quiet Contributor

Did this too and it's not working. This is super inconvenient. I have to close out my music every time to watch Snapchat Facebook or IG.

Any update?

@TheDoctor1991 Sorry to hear that. If you have already tried all the troubleshooting provided in this thread, we recommend that you reach out to your local Bose support for further assistance. You can do that here. 

Mohsin

Audible Advocate

I also have this problem with Facebook, I am pretty sure it is non hardware related, however it is the software that caused this problem!!
Audible Advocate

Any solution here? Having the very same issue. Thanks!

Audible Advocate

Same issue with mine.

Anyone a fix, please?

Audible Advocate

Bose, please fix this problem. What is the use of having this great headphone when the firmware sucks!! Get it together and release an update asap please!!