Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

QC35 Windows 10 won't unpair

On my Windows 10 Dell laptop, I had my QC35 headphones paired.

Then, due to some issues, I had to do the Bluetooth device list clearing. Now, Windows isn't letting me remove the device so I can repair it.

The Yes button isn't showing.

Anyone got any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC35 Windows 10 won't unpair

Hi mreillyorg,

Thanks for reaching out!  I'm sorry to hear about that issue - I'm curious if your Bluetooth drivers are up to date.  If the driver is out of date or malfunctioning that could explain the issue because it sounds like it's on the end of Windows as opposed to the headphones.

I would suggest trying an uninstall and reinstall of the drivers.  I've found this article HERE which details out the steps to do so.  This should just clear the device list anyway, give it a try and let me know how it works?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2017

Re: QC35 Windows 10 won't unpair

Drivers are all up-to-date.

I figured out how to correct it. Had to run regedit as system user, and then with Google’s help, I found out where Windows 10 stores the bluetooth pairing keys.

Luckily for me, I only had one device paired, so it was easy to know which one to delete and then reboot Windows.

After that, Windows showed no devices and I was able to do the initial pairing setup to my Bose headphones - and they now work.