Highlighted
KazGL6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

QC35 plays sound from .mp4 file but not media from browsers

Hi,

I have recently started having issues with my QC35s and MacBook Pro. All used to work OK, but in the last week or so I have found that the QC35 will not play sound from Firefox or from Safari when a webcast is playing, the sound comes from the main speakers. This is even with the headphones connected OK, and sound preferences saying output is QC35. If I change the volume in sound preferences I can hear the "bonk" in the headphones.

However, if I play a video file, a .mp4, the sound is played through the headphones OK.

I have tried clearing the bluetooth list and repairing but this hasn't made any difference.

I have also started having issues with the iPhone SE - I used to be able to just put on the headphones and turn them on for them to pick up the call, this has also become an intermittent thing. I even couldn't get the QC35s to connect to the phone at all yesterday when I wanted to make an outgoing call.

This is all really disappointing - I love my QC35s!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: QC35 plays sound from .mp4 file but not media from browsers

KazGL6

Thanks for posting. very sorry to hear about your headset. Could I ask, have you tried rebooting the headset? 

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If you could give that a try and please let us know?

Tony

KazGL6
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Re: QC35 plays sound from .mp4 file but not media from browsers

I tried that from reading other posts and it didn't make any difference.

I have today updated the QC35s via the Bose Updater to the latest software version and that also doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I have just had a thought that it might be an Adobe Flash Player issue - I tried one of the webcast links in Firefox and Safari, both ignored the headphones, but when I tried the same link in Chrome the headphones worked OK. I am just updating Adobe Flash to see if that makes a difference.