vimc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

RC-PWS III won't connect to Cinemate

I have a Cinemate 120, but the remote was acting funny.  I went to the Bose site for the Cinemate 120 and looked for accesories and it showed me the RC-PWS III.  I have it and can connect it to all of my devices except the Cinemate 120.  

Help, please.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: RC-PWS III won't connect to Cinemate

Hello @vimc,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your CM120 remote, and would be happy to assist!

Can I ask that you try the following to address this please?

1) The maximum range of the remote is 20 feet, so can you please ensure that you're not out of range. (As unlikely as that is!)

2) Check to see if any buttons on the remote are working.If some buttons on the remote work and some do not work, please let me know!

3) The system's infra-red (IR) remote requires a clear line of sight. The remote may not work if the IR receivers on the front of the console are obstructed. They are located on the bottom left and right of the display panel. Please remove anything that might be blocking these, and wipe the front of the system's display with a clean, dry cloth to ensure this is not being blocked.

4) Excessive sunlight, fluorescent lighting, neon lighting, laptops and 3D TVs can limit the ability of the system's sensor to receive IR commands from the remote and may cause erratic behavior. Eliminate any of these interfering light sources or relocate the system and then give it another try.

If you have tried the above and are still having issues, please check if a dot appears when a remote button is pressed, and get back to us.

I hope this helps!

Warm Regards,

Liam_W - Community Support

vimc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 20, 2019

Thanks,

I have new batteries, a clear line of site, am three feet away, pointing directly at the unit and no lighting interference.

On the old remote, the buttons on the large circular ring do not always work.  You can tell they are not working because the source button does not light up when they are pressed.

On the new PWS III, I get the buttons to work with my TV and Cable, but it won't work with the Cinemate.

JIM

Thanks for getting back to me Jim!

I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved your issues.

As you have exhausted the troubleshooting that I can go over with you, can I ask that you get in touch with your local Bose support to assist you further?

You can reach them by selecting the following link, selecting your country/region and navigating to "Contact Us".

Contact Us

I hope this helps!

Liam_W