Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
camilo_arboleda_montoya@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2020

Remote control not working properly.

I have a Lifestyle 38 home theater. My systems also includes 7 amplifiers to different zones of the house. I have a remote for each zone.

Initially I found that the main remote is loosing power even with new batteries. From my bed I can only turn it on and off. To adjust volume I have to come very close to the equipment. Like 3 feet.

And now I have problems with the zone amplifiers. They don´t respnd to the remotes.

Can anybody help me?

1 REPLY 1
Jeff_G

Re: Remote control not working properly.

Hello, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Lifestyle remote. 

There are some troubleshooting steps I would recommend in an attempt to troubleshoot the issue. 

1. Straighten the media center power cord.
The power cord that connects the media center to the power supply serves as the Lifestyle system remote antenna. If it is wrapped, coiled or bunched up, straighten and extend the cord as much as possible

2. Use Alkaline batteries in the remote, not rechargeables.
Alkaline batteries are recommended over rechargeable batteries, which might output lower voltage. (Note: Battery testers are not always reliable since they might detect power but not indicate if there is adequate power for the remote.)

3. Reset your Lifestyle System 
Turn the system off.
Wait two minutes
Unplug the media center power cord from the power outlet

Note: If a VS-1 or VS-2 video enhancer is connected, disconnect its power cord as well

Unplug the audio input cable from the media center
Turn the Acoustimass module off
Unplug the Acoustimass module power cord from the power outlet
Unplug the audio input cable from the Acoustimass module
Wait 30 seconds
Reconnect the audio input cable to the Acoustimass module
Reconnect the audio input cable to the media center
Reconnect the Acoustimass module power cord
Turn the Acoustimass module on
Reconnect the media center power cord

Note: If a VS-1 or VS-2 video enhancer is connected, reconnect its power cord as well
Wait for the words "Bose Lifestyle" to appear and disappear from the display before turning the system back on
Note: After the reset, wait several minutes before playing stored music (stored music may not be immediately available depending on how many CDs have been stored). All other sources are available immediately after the system is turned on.

4. Check for sources of interference.
Your system uses the system console power cord as the remote control antenna. Since electronics can pick up interference from other electronics connected to the same power circuit or connected within close proximity, try disconnecting the power cord from any such nearby electronics (i.e. laptop/phone charger, TV, cable box, seasonal lights, microwave/appliance, Bluetooth devices, etc.). If the issue is resolved, try connecting the device or your product to a different power circuit or farther away.

Please give these steps a try and should the issue persist, I would recommend getting in touch with local support to replace the remote. If you continue having issues, service may be required. 

Support link

Thanks! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!