Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhaganfl
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Remote for Bose 700 and Samsung TV

I have a Bose 700 soundbar connected optically to a new Samsung UN58 smart TV.  I want to program the TV remote to control sound on the soundbar.  I have followed the instructions; however, what happens is that all buttons on the TV remote perform the last feature programmed.  For example, if the last thing programmed was mute, the soundbar will mute or unmute with every button pushed on the TV remote.  That is every button, not just the sound buttons.  If I hit an arrow button, the sound mutes.  I hit it the next button and the sound unmutes.  How can I correct this?

Bose product name.  700 Soundbar

Country. USA

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dhaganfl
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Re: Remote for Bose 700 and Samsung TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dhaganfl

I was able to get this corrected.  I had been unable to get the HDMI-Arc connection to work and was using the optical setting.  I found on Samsung a somewhat obscure setting that had to be selected to get it to work that way.  I'm not sure why the Samsung TV remote could not be made to pair with the Bose soundbar, but it no longer matters, since I was able to get the HDMI-Arc connection to work.  All is now bliss.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jessie_O

Hey there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear about these issues and will do all I can to help you! 

Just so that I completely understand the issue, can you confirm if you are programming the Bose remote, or are you programming the TV remote? 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Dhaganfl
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

I am try to program the Samsung tv remote to control the soundbar.

Vicky_W

@Dhaganfl, No setting changes are needed on the soundbar to control it with a universal remote that sends IR (infrared) commands. The IR sensors on your product are located at the far left and right ends of the soundbar. Be sure these ends are not blocked so it can detect remote commands. Or, if using IR emitters, try placing them toward the ends of the soundbar. It seems like it may be the remote that is malfunctioning, as we do not make this remote, I am unaware of how to fix this. Have you spoken with Samsung at all?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Dhaganfl
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by Dhaganfl

I was able to get this corrected.  I had been unable to get the HDMI-Arc connection to work and was using the optical setting.  I found on Samsung a somewhat obscure setting that had to be selected to get it to work that way.  I'm not sure why the Samsung TV remote could not be made to pair with the Bose soundbar, but it no longer matters, since I was able to get the HDMI-Arc connection to work.  All is now bliss.

View solution in original post