Replacing ps28 with ps18 or ps48

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

Replacing ps28 with ps18 or ps48

Hi,

After 15 years of great service, my home theatre lifestyle 28 has no sound. The media centre works well, plays DVDs. But the settings menu is showing that the speakers are not connected. I have spent hours resetting, disconnecting and reconnecting everything as suggested in other posts without any success. Been able to test the small fuse inside the PS28 module after opening the ps28 accoustimass unit apart. The fuse is working. This makes me think that the ps28 unit has a fault. The cables are in very good condition, and I very much doubt these are to blame.

Called Bose UK customer service. They would not repair the unit as it is old. I would be grateful for some advice about my options please.

1. Is there any dependable service agent who can repair this?

2. I can see cheap ps18 models on eBay. Can I just replace Ps28 with a ps18?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES

Re: Replacing ps28 with ps18 or ps48

Hello parthasd

Thanks for joining the Community!

If you're system came with a PS28, then it would also be compatible with an LSPS III from a later Lifestyle system.  You would need the 9 pin to 9 pin audio input cable as well as a legacy adapter which will convert the 9 pin to an 8 pin to connect to the media center.  I would recommend contacting your local support team for these parts if you can source the LSPS III.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Quiet Contributor

Thank you Tony. Will a PS18/PS48 work with my lifestyle 28 media centre?

Hello parthasd,

Thanks for the question. 

Yes, this would work, but you will need the 8 pin to 9 pin adapter cable to use the PS18 or PS48.

Regards,

Joel