Ashley??
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2019

SA-5 or wireless link adapter?

I am currently using my old v35 to operate my outdoor 251 speakers via the big heavy white remote control. I’d like to be able to use my phone instead of the gigantic remote to play music from my library on my phone. I am using the Bose dock with an old iPod currently connected to the v35 indoors and have to carry the remote outdoors and shuffle slowly through all the music and it is very inconvenient. I want to ditch the iPod and the dock and the remote. Which do I need to buy so that all I need when I’m outdoors is my phone? The sa-5 or the wireless link adapter, or something else?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SA-5 or wireless link adapter?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

@Ashley?? wrote:
I am currently using my old v35 to operate my outdoor 251 speakers via the big heavy white remote control. I’d like to be able to use my phone instead of the gigantic remote to play music from my library on my phone. I am using the Bose dock with an old iPod currently connected to the v35 indoors and have to carry the remote outdoors and shuffle slowly through all the music and it is very inconvenient. I want to ditch the iPod and the dock and the remote. Which do I need to buy so that all I need when I’m outdoors is my phone? The sa-5 or the wireless link adapter, or something else?

I would upgrade to the SA 5 amp. This amp is actually bundled with those speakers on the Bose site so you are half way there. The benefits of course are Wi-Fi and  bluetooth connection and SoundTouch, all that can be controlled by your phone or tablet.

Sounds like you are using your own library of music. SoundTouch will let you compile your library and play through the app to the speakers accordingly. I have listened to the amp connected to Bose 301 speakers at the Bose store...nice sounding. 100 watts is plenty for the neighbours.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: SA-5 or wireless link adapter?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Liam_W

@Ashley?? wrote:

I would upgrade to the SA 5 amp. This amp is actually bundled with those speakers on the Bose site so you are half way there. The benefits of course are Wi-Fi and  bluetooth connection and SoundTouch, all that can be controlled by your phone or tablet.

Sounds like you are using your own library of music. SoundTouch will let you compile your library and play through the app to the speakers accordingly. I have listened to the amp connected to Bose 301 speakers at the Bose store...nice sounding. 100 watts is plenty for the neighbours.

View solution in original post