Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R14tay1
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

SA2 amplifier external/ aux input

I have recently purchased a second hand SA2 amplifier to drive 2no. Bose 151 Enviromental speakers.

I am wanting to link this to a new Bose SoundTouch Wireless adapter for the purposes of extending my household Sountouch system.  

Wil in this work? Can this SA2 amp accept an external source which is not via a Boselink cable from a Bose theatre system?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: SA2 amplifier external/ aux input

Author Accepted Answer selected by R14tay1

Hi @R14tay1

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Regarding your query, you will be unable to connect the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to an SA-2 Amplifier. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by R14tay1

Hi @R14tay1

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Regarding your query, you will be unable to connect the SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to an SA-2 Amplifier. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out again! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

R14tay1
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Spoiler
Hi Jesse and thank you for your reply to my query. Can you help me further and advise what (if any) Bose amp would allow me to connect the wireless adapter and / or external music device like an iPhone.

Thanks, 

T
Jessie_O

Hi R14yay1, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

I would recommend checking out the Bose SA-5. With this amplifier, you will not need a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter but will get all the benefits. I have included the LINK HERE which will give you all the information you need. 

If you have any questions, please come back to me.