Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Samsung Smart TV Q7FN with Bose Lifestyle 135 Soundtouch Remote

Hi there,

Looking for the optimal remote code for the Bose Universal Remote that came with my Lifestyle 135 Series III/Soundtouch.

The new TV is a Samsung QN55Q7FNAFXZA (a QLED Smart TV - 2018 model)

I've tried several/many of the Samsung defaults in the Unify setup interface - but each is disapointing (T2150, etc). I've also tried a manual setup using the Samsung remote to 'teach' the Bose (T4196) - also disapointing. No combination seems to be able to capture (correctly) the two most important buttons at the same time - namely the 'home' button for the Samsung SmartHub and the 'back' button. 

I know that you (moderators) have access to a database of models/remote codes that aren't easily accessable to consumers. Perhaps someone can help me out....

Regards,

John

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Samsung Smart TV Q7FN with Bose Lifestyle 135 Soundtouch Remote

Hi thomj001

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the remote issues, but I'd be glad to help!

I tried to look for the specific model of the TV but was unable to find it in our databases for this system as it's so new.  I would recommend updating the console to see if there were any newer codes added that may be a little more compatible.  HERE are the steps on how to perform a console update.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Tony,

Thanks for the reply. My Lifestyle 135 indicated that I have all of the latest updates (it updates regularly through the SoundTouch App and when I attempt to perform a manual update reports "No Updates Available".)

Do you happen to have some remote codes for any other Samsung TV in the Q7 Series - regardless of exact model number. It's likely that many share the same remote codes. 

I'd be happy try some additional code in the database - whether they relate to the Q Series in 2018 (Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9) or the Q7 Series in earlier years like 2017 or even 2016. 

It's worth a shot if you're able to share a few codes that correspond to some recent Samsung Smart TVs. 

Thanks,

john

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I found 3 codes that seem to be utilized for the more current Samsung TVs: 2051, 4161, and 2103.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2015

Tony,

Just wanted to let you know that the codes that you provided in your previous message don't quite work with this TV. While they do provide power on/off and up/down/left/right, they lack other critical functions like 'back' or 'menu' - so they don't really provide an acceptable solution. 

Is there any way to get this line of very popular TV into the cue for remote emulation with Bose?  While its true that the 2018 line is relatively new, I'm told that the remotes are inter-compatible with the 2016 and 2017 models. So, there are an awful lot of TVs out there now that could benefit from this update. 

Thanks,

John

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello John,

I have forwarded the code request to the responsible development team. Thanks very much for the information you have provided.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support