Highlighted
novajohn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

Samsung Smart TV stops SoundTouch Speakers

I have a Lifestyle 535 Bose system with 5 SA4 speaker modules working off the SoundTouch app.  When either one of our two Samsung Smart TVs is turned on the soundTouch system dies with a loud feedback noise from each speaker in use.  Both the TV and the Bose system and speakers are connected via ethernet conections.  To resolve the problem I must go and reset each of the five speakers and open the Soundtouch app and reconnect each speaker to continue listening to the music. After the speakers disconnect, the app cannot find the speakers unless I reset them.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Samsung Smart TV stops SoundTouch Speakers

Hi novajohn,

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your SoundTouch systems.

This is a very odd issue.  When you say the SoundTouch system dies with a large feedback, are you talking about the 535 system, or the other SA-4 amplifiers?

Does this happen when you have "Play All" enabled?

Let me know so we can get this resolved for you.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Bose Support

novajohn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

When you turn on either one of the two Samsung Smart TVs the SA-4 amplifiers lose connection with the SoundTouch network each speaker give off a squelching noise in sequential order, so there is a pop, pop noise as the disconection moves from  speaker to speaker.  The disconect happens whether there is one speaker or all 5 connected.  On the 535 system it is only the SoundTouch app that fails. The TV screen displays a message saying the the Soundtouch system is no longer connected and do you want to reconnect it.  I then have to reset the SA-4 network adapter to get it to be seen by the 535 SoundTouch system, After that the 535 system does its thing and reconects to the Soundtouch system.  On the computer  app the speaker is greyed out until it is reset.  We have other TVs not on the network and of course they do not effect SoundTouch.

Hi novajohn,

Thank you for the detailed reply. Curiously, do you notice if there is any light indication on the SA-4 amps or adapters when this happens? Do you see any lights, are they off? Are they plugged into the same surge protector or outlet with other devices? Have you tried bypassing the surge protectors, if applicable?

Let us know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

novajohn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

The SA-4 amps and adapters are located in different rooms.  Three are in a closet and on a surge protector, 1 in the garage and not on a surge protector and 1 in the master bedroom and on a surge protector. When the shut down happens it happens to all amps whether or not they are playing music. I don't think those speakers not playing music cut out with the feed back noise they just become unavailable on the Soundtouch app until they are reset. Have not observed the adapters at the actual time of the cut off but when I go to reset them the lights are on and the orange network connection is flashing.

Hi novajohn,

When was the last time this was working without issue? Was there anything new introduced at that time it started? New router? New TV?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

novajohn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

It started when we replaced two old TVs with the Samsung Smart TVs about 8 months ago.  The old TVs were not on the home network just cable through the Tivo and Bose systems.  As a clarification to something I said earlier, I turned off the music in the SoundTouch app by clicking on the stop bar on the song playing.  When we turned on the TV connected to the Bose systen I heard the pop sound as each speaker disconected from the app even though it was not currently playing music.

Hi novajohn,

Thank you for reply. Can you test for me if you have not done so already, unplug the TV's from Ethernet and see if the popping noise or detection issues in the application keep occurring?

Kind Regards,

Joel

novajohn
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 24, 2016

If you disconect the TV from the network turning on the TV has no effect on the SoundTouch system.

Hi @novajohn,

Thank you for testing that for me. So since we have now discovered it is some sort of interference being sent by the TV's over Ethernet, are you able to just connected them to WiFi to avoid this issue?

Kind Regards,

Joel