ncc6701
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

Solo 5 - Clearing the Bluetooth pairing list without original connected device

Hello,

I recently upgraded my phone, which was already paired to the Solo 5. I now have a new phone.  It says unable to connect to the soundbar.  I am unable to follow the process outlined in the manual for clearing the system's bluetooth pairing list because my original phone has already been sent into the manufacturer as a trade-in.  How can I clear my list in order to make the soundbar pair with my new Galaxy S9+?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Solo 5 - Clearing the Bluetooth pairing list without original connected device

Author Accepted Answer selected by ncc6701

Just to clarify, you should be able to do it just with the remote.  If you hold the BT button for around 3 seconds the BT light should pulse blue/purple.  THat means it's in pairing mode and you can pair a new device to it.  You should be able to pair several devices and it will remember them and connect to the last one connected.  to switch between devices in the memory the bt button should do it.

If you do want to clear that device list, hold down the BT button for about 10 seconds.  Can't remember what happens, but likely you will hear a beep and the lights will flash, then pulse blue as above.

If the lights flashing blue but you can't connect, make sure to "forget devices" on your phone as it may have connected breifly, but remembers the wrong settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Morlock
Expert
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: Solo 5 - Clearing the Bluetooth pairing list without original connected device

Author Accepted Answer selected by ncc6701

Just to clarify, you should be able to do it just with the remote.  If you hold the BT button for around 3 seconds the BT light should pulse blue/purple.  THat means it's in pairing mode and you can pair a new device to it.  You should be able to pair several devices and it will remember them and connect to the last one connected.  to switch between devices in the memory the bt button should do it.

If you do want to clear that device list, hold down the BT button for about 10 seconds.  Can't remember what happens, but likely you will hear a beep and the lights will flash, then pulse blue as above.

If the lights flashing blue but you can't connect, make sure to "forget devices" on your phone as it may have connected breifly, but remembers the wrong settings.

View solution in original post

ncc6701
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2018

That works. Thank you!