jminch
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2017

Solo 5 + Samsung ME55B -- sound delay

I have a Solo 5 Soundbar, a Samsung ME55B TV and an Xfinity cable box.  My problem is that I have a slight delay between the TV picture and the sound.  

My current configuration is as follows:

1. Cable feed to Xfinity box, via coaxial

2. Solo 5 feed to Xfinity box, via optical cable

3. HDMI feed from Xfinity box to Samsung TV

The obvious solution is to connect the Solo 5 directly to the TV; however, the TV has neither an optical cable nor coaxial inlets (that I can tell).  The Solo 5 has only Optical, Coaxial and AUX outlets.  Is my only solution to buy a cheap AUX cable and run it directly to the TV?  

Thanks in advance for any help!! 

3 REPLIES 3
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Solo 5 + Samsung ME55B -- sound delay

Hello jminch,

I looked into the specs of your TV, and I could not find anything other than the analog audio output either. This was designed more a business display TV than a home entertainment TV so I guess that is why it doesn't have the audio out. I would try rebooting the cable box and see if that syncs the audio (or contact Xfinity to see if they have a calibration tool) if that doesn't work I thing the analog cable from the TV to the Solo would be the resolution. 

dgelsleichter
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2017

I had the same problem. Solved it by going to audio settings in cable box, changed from "TV speakers" to "stereo" and viola! Audio synced with video!
Brian_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi dgelsleichter,

Thank you for sharing! We're glad to hear this solved your issue! 

Best regards,

Brian