Mordaunt
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 14, 2017

Solo 5 with Dish remote

I have just purchased the Solo 5 sound bar and successfully connected the included remote to my tv but it does not appear that I can use it with my dish network vip622. So instead I have been struggling to control the sound bar with the universal dish remote and have attempted every code I could find online as well as scan mode to no avail. Please help as this is rather frustrating having two universal remotes where neither one is universal!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Solo 5 with Dish remote

We can help with this. Your Dish Network box is likely set to RF instead of IR remote commands and there are steps we can take to change that. Keep in mind, while these steps will allow you to control the Dish Network box, it may disable the Dish remote from working. Follow these steps to change it using the Dish Network remote:

1. Press SYSTEM INFO on the receiver's front panel. The System Information screen displays and shows the Remote Address
  2. Press and hold SAT on your remote control for about three seconds, until all of the mode buttons light up, and then let go of SAT
  3. Press the number 1 key
  4. Press the # key
  5. Press the record key to sync the remote with the receiver
  6. Press Select