Highlighted
Ron B
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2018

Solo5 sound cutting out

My sound will cut out randomly for 1 or 2 seconds. This might happen once every hour or sometimes 2-3 times an hour. I have my TV speakers turned off. I have a Charter cable box & a VISO TV.  It seems to happen more on live broadcasting. It's not limited to just one channel. I have tried to sync my cable and TV and it still does the same thing. Any help os greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Ron B
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2018

Re: Solo5 sound cutting out

I found the problem. I switched my TV sound from digital to analog. This solved the cutting out problem, but I'm not sure I should have to do this. I thought Bose Solo5 was supposed to function on either digital or anolog.

Anybody have a view on this?

Hello Ron B! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening! It sounds like there may be an issue with the digital signal. The Solo 5 supports the Dolby Digital audio format so if the audio from the source is not Dolby Digital you may experience undesirable results. You might also swap out the Optical cable and see if that helps.

Let us know! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Ron B
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 15, 2018

I returned the unit today. It lost all its setting over night. I didn't do anything except turn it off with the remote power button. When I turned it on this morning, the unit wouldn't reconize the Charter cable box or my Visio TV. Plus, after switching my TV sound last night to anolog it still would cut out. Fed up with this so I returned it. I'll try a Magnovox and see what happens.

I'm sorry to hear that you've returned the system. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support