ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Song titles not being updated from siriusxm

Wave system iv not updating songs from SiriusXM.  I had to reload my system twice today as it said “system unavailable”.  I removed the SoundTouch app from my tablet and reinstalled it.  No change.  I unplugged system from power, no change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Re: Song titles not being updated from siriusxm

Author Accepted Answer selected by ljenson

Hi, I see an update was pushed out to us today.  And SiriusXM is behaving better BUT

it is one song behind.  Not a big deal, just letting you know.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @ljenson and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear this and would be happy to look into this for you.

My suggestion regarding this would be to manually update your Wave system! You can find the instructions for this from this page. You will need a USB-A-->Micro-B cable to do this.

Please be sure to select the right File (Wave SoundTouch or Wave SoundTouch IV) for your system. You noted that you have a Wave IV, but if you're not sure you can find out by punching your product serial number in here, which will give you more information about your product.

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W - Community Support

ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

So, after doing the update, it is still not working correctly as noted in my previous post.

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again @ljenson and thanks for getting back in touch!

I'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Firstly, does this happen exclusively with SiriusXM, or does this also happen with other music serves on SoundTouch, such as Tune-In?

If this happens with all music services, can you confirm if this happens when another device with the SoundTouch app is used?

If this is just with Sirius, please let me know.

Furthermore, is it only the display of the track that is affected, while the music and audio continue to play as intended?

Please return to me at your convenience.

Liam W

ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

I tried Tunein and it works ok there, it displays channel name, song and then artist.  However, SiriusXM seems stuck on the last time I turned it on and the app on my

ipad reflects this. This morning I had to restart the wave as it said “system unavailable”.

It is only the display that is affected not the audio or music.  I also tried my music

library and that is good for the display, song and artist from my iPhone.  I have been

using my iPad for the SoundTouch app more than iPhone.

So, it seems that only SiriusXM is having this issue.

Liam_W
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @ljenson and thanks for getting back in touch!

Based on the information you have provided here, this sounds like something that is ongoing with SiriusXM in terms of the way that this is updated from the servers.

Although the audio updates correctly as you have noted here, the visual display does not update with the song.

This is something that we are aware of and are currently working on an update for. I have passed on the additional information that you have gathered here, which will help our development and engineering teams investigate this further. When an update is available, we will push this out via the software, so please keep an eye on the notes for our future updates!

Please return to me if you have any other updates and/or information!

Liam W

ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Okay, thanks for the info.  Does Bose have a date when this will happen?

Charlotte_G

Hello ljenson,

At this current moment, we do not have an exact time frame to provide. Sorry about that!

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ljenson
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 16, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by ljenson

Hi, I see an update was pushed out to us today.  And SiriusXM is behaving better BUT

it is one song behind.  Not a big deal, just letting you know.

Thanks,

View solution in original post