Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Sonos arc + sub

Looking for reviews on the Sonos arc soundbar and sub. Wondering if anyone has switched over. Owning bose soundtouch/ acoustamass products has been a stressful pain. Bose support rarely has a fix to any of the issues. My $2,500 bose system is going to look great in the dumpster 

5 REPLIES 5
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Sonos arc + sub

@Pfunks 

Before throwing your Bose gear into the dumpster, perhaps you could elaborate on some of your problems.. Switching your product line may not bring you total solutions.

eightball8888
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

I have a Bose surround speakers with the sub and no wiring - I just moved into a house that left it, all the small speakers are all mounted in the walls.   I would like to know if it is worth trying to hook up this system (the inputs in the wall is for bare wires not the RCA jacks) ,  or just leave it as decoration like the last owners.  Don't know if it possible to replace the cables properly and would I be able to use a receiver with the Bose?? As I am researching this, I did pick up the long Sonos soundbar and two ones for $1500.  They have nice sound and are all Bluetooth.   Not sure yet if they will compare to a surround cinema experience though.

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Weak bass

Bad overall sound

Blinking yellow white red on 1 of the subs.  Ive read all the forums. Total waste of time. Maybe I have too high of expectations

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Pfunks wrote:

Looking for reviews on the Sonos arc soundbar and sub. Wondering if anyone has switched over. Owning bose soundtouch/ acoustamass products has been a stressful pain. Bose support rarely has a fix to any of the issues. My $2,500 bose system is going to look great in the dumpster 

Which model are you talking about?

Where are you positioning your sub?

Have you tried a physical wired connection.

My experience has been that the Bose speakers sound much better than Sonos and are of good quality. Flashing lights means a connection problem. Seems a shame to throw out your Bose speaker system. There are many people who have good experience with the Bose product line. 

BTW, check out the Sonos community, they have there problems too, coupled with universally inferior sound.

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

I have the soundtouch 300, 2 acoustamass 300 and the rears. I've tried it all to get better performance out of it. The problem solving by bose on the forum is pretty much a run around.