United Kingdom

Firmware Version

Unknown

App Version

N/A

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

Sony KD49-XF8577 Android TV

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Thanks to an excellent answer written by Brent B in Jan 2018 I finally managed to link my Bose 321 to my Sony TV via the optical lead and communication leads. I had been using the headphone output until then which gave a poor performance from the Bose. My question is, when I have both the Bose and TV volume up at the same time, as it sometimes gives a better balance of audio on some programmes, the Bose is slightly ahead or out of phase with the TV audio, almost like a ghosting effect. This did not happen with the Bose connected to the TV's headphone socket. Can this be overcome or is it just a straight choice between Bose or TV audio and not both?

What environment do you experience the issue in?

Lounge

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

On connection of Bose to TV

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Changed the available individual audio setting on both the TV and the Bose but not done any combinations as I am unsure of what to try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Sony Android TV to Bose 321- Connection and out of phase audio

Author Accepted Answer selected by 165237

Hi 165237,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

The only way to have both the TV speakers and your 321 playing audio in sync would be if there is a way to delay the audio on your TV that could affect one set of speakers only. It's unlikely that you will be able to do this on a TV, so personally, I would not recommend using both the TV speakers and the 321 system at the same time.

As you mentioned you get better sound quality sometimes with both sets of speakers playing, it would be worth turning the TV speakers off, and adjusting the tone controls on your 321 to get the sound you are after. You can adjust the tone controls on your system by following the steps shown HERE. It may be slightly different depending on the model of 321 you have, so if it's not the 1st generation of 321 you have, let me know and I'll find the right steps for your system!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by 165237

Hi 165237,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

The only way to have both the TV speakers and your 321 playing audio in sync would be if there is a way to delay the audio on your TV that could affect one set of speakers only. It's unlikely that you will be able to do this on a TV, so personally, I would not recommend using both the TV speakers and the 321 system at the same time.

As you mentioned you get better sound quality sometimes with both sets of speakers playing, it would be worth turning the TV speakers off, and adjusting the tone controls on your 321 to get the sound you are after. You can adjust the tone controls on your system by following the steps shown HERE. It may be slightly different depending on the model of 321 you have, so if it's not the 1st generation of 321 you have, let me know and I'll find the right steps for your system!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Thanks Keith. I thought that was the answer but you never know hence the question. I have printed your link for adjusting the tone and will have a go with these.