Oli_nl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Sony KD-65X8505C

Hello,

I just bought a soundbar 700 and I am trying to connect the universal remote to my tv (Sony KD-65X8505C)

The only action the remote does is turning on and off the TV. 

Should the remote be able to control more?

Thanks your help.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Re: Sony KD-65X8505C

Hi Oli_nl,

Thanks for posting on the Community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• When you went through the app to program the remote, did it run through test commands or were you able to complete the advanced setup by typing in the model number of the TV?
  • Did you program to the remote for anything else like a cable box?  If so, do you have full control?
  • Can we test the menu button to see if it brings up the TV menu.

One last thing to note is that the power on/off commands may be operating under the CEC feature vs the IR signal from the soundbar.  The way our remotes work is it communicates with the soundbar via a Bluetooth/RF signal and from here, the soundbar blasts the IR signal to the devices.  Is anything blocking the front of the TV or impeding the line of sight or reflections of this signal to the TV?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Oli_nl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Hi Tony,

Thank you for you reply and info.

After I read you comments I thought about trying to go closer with the remote. When the remote is about 10 cm away and in a certain angle it seems to work.

The soundbar seems to block the IR signal because it is placed right infront of it.

I rather not move my soundbar anywhere else. Is there any option to still keep using the bose remote without moving the soundbar?

Thanks in advance,

Community Manager

Hi Oli_nl,

Thanks for the update as it confirms my suspicions.  It sounds like the remote is communicating to the soundbar correctly, and when you're this close to the soundbar, the IR signal being emitted from the from the soundbar is reflecting off your body which is allowing the signal to reach the TV.  My best recommendation is contact your local support team for an IR emitter.  It will allow you to connect a small cable from the back of the soundbar to the front of the TV which should allow full control of the TV from your regular listening area.  

Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Oli_nl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 14, 2019

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. Will try it out

Do you know if Bose supplies a IR emitter?

Regards,

Community Manager

Hi Oli_nl,

I can't be positive globally, but here in North America, I do know we stock these emitters in our warehouse.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A