Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

Sound dock series II

I want to be able to connect my Sound Dock II to either a MAC, or a MacBook.  What is the easiest and/or most economical way to do that.  I have seen BlueTooth adapters, but was also wondering if I could just use the headphone ooout let on the computers to connect to the back of the Sound Deck.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Re: Sound dock series II

Hi ronbeeman, 

Thank you for the post. Using the headphone out on your Mac to connect a 3.5mm audio cable to the Audio In on the back of the SoundDock would be the easiest. Once you have the cable and make the connection, anything you play from your Mac should be heard through the system. Please let us know if you have any other questions! 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support

Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

Brent:

Thanks for your message.

Pardon me for being quite dumb when it comes to this stuff, but a Headphone jack is smaller than the 3.5mm audio cable input.  I assume that they make a cord that will fit both ends.  Am I correct.

Thanks,

Ron

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi ronbeeman, 

Thank you for the response. A standard headphone connection should be 3.5mm so a cable with a 3.5mm connection on each end should work. Which specific version of Macs do you have? I can't recall ever seeing a Mac with a headphone output other than one at 3.5 mm. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support