ashllynda
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

Sound dock series II

Bose was kind enough to refurbish my Sound dock series II (I guess) and sent it back to me.  It worked perfect with my old remote which when I pointed it at my iPhone I could see a light on my iPhone screen.  Suddenly the Sound Dock is not working.  I noticed that there was no light on the old remote so I asked for a new remote which Bose sent me.  I received it in the mail today.  No light....and when I put my iPhone into the docking station and press the start button on the remote....nothing.

So what am I doing wrong?  Is it my Sound Dock just not working?  Or the remote just not working (it was a new one!!!) or are all the old remote just not working.  

Ashllynda

3 REPLIES 3
Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Re: Sound dock series II

Hello ashllynda,

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having this issue. Have you tried replacing the battery of the remote or resetting the SoundDock by unplugging it for 30 seconds? Perhaps try a different outlet? If these steps do not resolve the issue please contact our customer service again. Hope this helps, and have a great day.

Best Regards,

- Emmet Bose Support

ashllynda
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2018

I changed  the outlet and I heard this ping sort of which told me that the dock was recycling and coming alive.  I knew then it was going to work.

I guess you can't leave these sitting idle for long as they might just shut down??  Anyway, it is working now...(I hope)  haven't played it in a week.

Emmet_H
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 13, 2016

Glad to hear it ashllynda! The SoundDock may have just needed a reboot, which changing to the new outlet did, but you may want to check the first outlet to make sure it was not the issue. Thanks for letting us know and have a great day. 

Best Regards,

- Emmet

Bose Community Support