VKM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

Sound issues with LS650

Hi,

I am using LS 650 from past one year and I have used ARC connection between Samsung TV (UE46F7000) and console. Apple TV is also connected to the console. Recently, I bought local 4K IPTV box and made direct connection to TV and uses separate remote for the same It works fine. But, the problem is with the sound from normal tv. it is completely muted. no sound at all. I changed  CEC settings to alternate . Still no use and no sound. 

Please do let me know solution for this issue and I also request how to connect IPTV box through the console instead of directly to the TV.

You quick help or support is much appreciated. 

16 REPLIES 16
Jessie_O

Re: Sound issues with LS650

Hi VKM, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

You should be able to connect directly to the LS650 with the IPTV Box. However, you may not be able to use the Bose Remote to control it. 

To clarify, are you not getting any audio from the IPTV Box at all? Or is the volume just very low?

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
VKM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

Hi Jessie, 

Thanks for your message.

I tried connecting IPTV box to chitram tv . It doesn't work. Then I did direct connection to TV, it works fine for one day . Later on started audio issues.

During this process, system has undergone software update , once done, I lost complete audio from TV and Apple TV through the console. 

I do not know what to do next. waiting for your reply. 

By the way, What input need to be selected for IPTV connection like cable tv or set up box through the console. 

Jessie_O

Hi VKM, 

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I apologize but your set up has confused me. 

Do you mind explaining exactly how your system is connected and how your 3rd party products are connected to your LS650? 

Once I have a better idea of your setup I'll be able to assist you further! 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
VKM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

Hi Jessie,

Let me explain you. I do not have many thrid party systems. 

My samsung tv was connected to Bose console through HDMI (ARC) and Apple TV (not used much) to the console. This setting works fine for past one year. 

Three days back , I bought IPTV box and tried connected  directly to console under HDMI 2 of the console . Some how it doesn't work .  Later on I removed the connection of IPTV box from Console and made direct connection to TV. System had updated the software during this process. 

After that, audio connection was lost for both TV and Apple TV .

KR, VKM

Jessie_O

Hi VKM, 

Thank you for the clarification! 

I would recommend making sure you have the correct settings on your TV selected. It sounds as if the audio is not being sent to the system. Go to the sound settings and make sure you are set to 'External Speakers'. I would also recommend making sure the CEC settings are turned on. 

I would also recommend removing the HDMI cable and replugging it in to reset the connection. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

I would also try unplugging everything from the Bose 650.  That would include the power cord, all HDMI connections, and any directly connected devices.  After a few minutes, reconnect the Samsung HDMI ARC to the Bose and see if you can get the tv sound working again.  Then, try connecting your other devices.

If this doesn't work, you could try a factory reset of the Bose 650.

VKM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

Thanks Jessie,

I will try as you mentioned and let you know.

Quick question, How do I connect Iptv box to Bose console. What source should I be selected from input (like cable tv or set up box etc.,). Which remote should be used for the iptv box? How to pair Iptv to the bose remote?

KR,  

Vkm

Hector_B

Hi VKM, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Can you please confirm which IPTV box you have so that we can provide more accurate information? To set up your IPTV with the Bose Remote for the Lifestyle system you will need to follow these steps: 

• Press "SETUP" on the system control console or remote
  • Choose "Device Management"
  • Choose "Add" and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please update us on the result of this.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

VKM
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2018

Hi Hector, 

IPTV box is Chitram TV (local IPTV box). what would be the source do I need to select while connecting this IPTV to console? How could I add the remote for the same box. 

Regards,

VKM.