Highlighted
shaddie0711
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

SoundSport Bluetooth Connection Problems in iOS 11

So I've had my Soundsport Headphones for a little less than a year and haven't had any issues connecting it to my iPhone 7.  However, since the iOS11 update, I have not been able to connect them to my phone.  I have the Bose Connect app updated and everything and followed the steps to properly resync it, but nothing has worked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gbkaras
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 4, 2017

Re: SoundSport Bluetooth Connection Problems in iOS 11

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tony_G

Had the same problem. Deleted QC30 from the bluetooth list and re-paired it. Solved the problem.

11 REPLIES 11
clemenscito
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

I also have the same problems. The soundsports connect well to my mac but not anymore to my phone! Once I go manually to the settings to add my soundsports it sometimes doesnt work either. Only through the Bose Connect app I can then connect it to my phone. 

Also, the connection with my phone is pretty poor unfortunately. 

I hope these bugs are soon resolved again 

Luckymator
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2017

I have similar issues. Since my iOS 11 update yesterday, my QC35 connect, but every time I want to play something the connection is lost and then reastablished. I now use my 300$ headphones with the cable. Wow. Please fix this soon or I will return them.

Hi all,

I also have the iPhone 7 and after updating to iOS 11 I experienced similar issues with the Connect app as well as many others.  Apple released another update, 11.1 which I downloaded last night and it seems to have patched a lot of the issues, I'd recommend starting there.  Rebooting my phone also helped reset some of the Bluetooth and app related issues I was experiencing.  

Keep me updated?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

shaddie0711
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Will do! Thanks - I didn’t know about the 11.1 update until your post, so we’ll see what happens.
shaddie0711
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Same! But mine don’t connect in the app either.

@Luckymator don’t do that - this isn’t a Bose issue from what it sounds like (my headphones worked fine until Apple’s update).
Pete Run
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

My Soundsport Pulse Heart Rate is not synching with the iPhone Health App after upgrading to iOS11.  Have an iPhone 7, and was on iOS 10.  Everytime I turned my earphones on they synched to Bluetooth emidately and then 2 seconds later the HeartRate would automatically pick up, I'd hear the robot lady prompting me the HeartRate connection was made, and could then see my heart rate in the Bose Connect app and also the iPhone Health app.
I took the iOS 11.0.1 update last night.  The headphones synch immediately, but the HeartRate part does not.  I can get it to connect in the Bose app, but once I toggle over to Nike+ or the Health app the Heart Rate synch drops. The Bose Connect app also updated the firm ware (think that's what it was called), there was a notice directly in the app.

jaybo41
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

This sounds very similar to an issue that I and many others are having with a completely different device and non Bose product.  Actually a radar detector.  They've got an app that allows you to connect via bluetooth.  After the iOS 11 update, it has caused a situation where the only way to pair iPhone and the radar detector are to forget the device and repair it.  I suspect there are Bluetooth issues on Apple's end that need to be cleaned up at the very least and possibly some of the apps by respective manufacturers.  

By the way, the latest public release of iOS is 11.01.  11.1 is a public BETA that is being tested by those who've signed up to run Beta software releases for Apple.  

Pete Run
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 29, 2017

Thanks for the update. I opted into the Beta iOS program & installed version 11.1.0. The problem is still happening. The heart rate only can be read in the Bose Connect app (which does not track/record data) & not the Apple Health App. Without it getting picked up in the Health app othet apps like Nike+ for running won’t pick up the data either. So now I just have an overly expensive pair of wireless headphones. I think Bose developers need to lean on the iOS developers to fix this bug.
shaddie0711
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 26, 2017

Update:  reset my phone just now (did update but didn't reset it and it still didn't work), and now they've connected!