Hi SkyYYZ and BigBlue007,
Thank you both for testing this.
I have relayed this information back to engineering and both of your systems will be replaced. I really appreciate all of the detailed information from both of you.
I will let you both know once I have additional information on this.
Since my TV causes an uncorrectable audio delay when outputting audio via optical, it is kind of a nightmare now to use the soundbar with that very noticeable delay. This is not your fault of course, but attaching my source(s) to the HDMI input of the ST300 was an easy way to work around that, and I wouldn't even had purchased the ST300 if it wouldn't had the ability to feed in and pass through HDMI sources.
So I really hope the replacement doesn't need too long. Did I mention that horrible audio delay that I need to live with at the moment? 😄 😄
Development has requested that we test something to see if we can get this working for you in the existing state.
Let's try a forced update to the system.
To update the soundbar, follow these steps:
Let me know what happens after this update.
Completed the task as requested, but unfortunately, my ports are still inoperable. Of note, the software version still indicates 12.0.11 in the ST app for the SoundTouch 300, as well as the rest of my ST equipment.
Is there anything else they would like us to try? I know 007 mentioned an attempted USB (downgrade) to the publicly available firmware version with negative results. I'm willing to try anything else engineering would like me to attempt.
Thank you for testing that. I will reach out to them to find out if there is anything additional.
@Joel_D: No luck for me either. And to be honest, this was to be expected, because I am 99% certain that this "forced upgrade" method (which, by the way, is no secret, but perfectly documented in the instruction manual) triggers exactly the same update process that is triggered when you click the FW upgrade notification in the app.
The only thing that I could imagine that MIGHT be a bit different is the USB upgrade method, because it doesn't use LAN/WLAN + Internet connection, but instead a firmware image file ("update.stu") that is stored on a PC. It's quite common for these kind of devices that their "OTA" update mechanisms are designed in such a way that only those parts of an update are downloaded that are required for a particular device. On the other hand, USB-based updates always uses complete flash files that include everything. So theoretically it could be that the part of the update that is responsible for the HDMI chipset has the same version number as the one already present in the devices (which would be a failure of the guy who created the package, but wouldn't be too surprising since we're talking about a beta release after all 🙂 ), and therefore the updater in the unit thinks that it doesn't need that component and thus doesn't download it. And if your dev guys uses the USB method to update their devices (and I'm quite sure they do because that's what dev guys do normally; OTA updating is not for devs but only for stupid customers 😄 ) and never saw this issue, this would indicate that this might be the issue here.
So if your guys in the back would be able to share the 19.0.11 "update.stu" file, this might be worth a try.
BTW, in the meantime I was contacted by a Bose rep who asked for details in order to perform the swap of the unit. Answered him 2 days ago but didn't heard anything again from him since then. Hope it doesn't take too long...