Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

SoundTouch 300 Remote control Reset

I programmed the remote to my Sony TV, but all it will do is turn if on or off. I still have to use my TV remote to control everything else. How do I get the Bose remote to control all of my TV functions? 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 13, 2018

Re: SoundTouch 300 Remote control Reset

Same here.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 Remote control Reset

Hello Kathi and cpittman4821,

Thank you both for posting. What are the model numbers of your TV's? Have you tried going past the first remote code and trying the others by pressing volume + on the remote during programming? I know there are some codes made for other models that might not have functionality and that is why I suggest going through multiple codes during programming the remote.

Entering a code:

• On the remote control, press and hold the appropriate source button (TV, AUX, CBL/SAT or DVD) until all six source buttons glow, then release. For example, to program your TV, press and hold the TV icon button until all six source buttons glow, then release.
    The appropriate source button continues to glow. 
    On the number keypad, enter the code for your source's brand and press VOL +. 

Testing the code:

• Test the source for basic functions by following the instructions for your source: 
    -TV: Press the channel buttons. Press Menu. The settings menu appears. Press < and > to navigate 
    -Cable/satellite box: Press GUIDE. The programming guide appears. Press < and > to navigate 
    -DVD or Blu-ray Disc player: Press GUIDE. The settings menu appears. Press < and > to navigate 
    -Game system: Press < and > to navigate through your menu 
    Based on your source’s response to basic functions: 
    -Remote responds accurately: press EXIT to exit programming and save your settings 
    -Remote does not respond or does not respond accurately:
    - If your source button glows: press VOL + to move to the next code. Repeat steps 1 and 2 in “Test the code.” You may need to repeat this procedure 30 or more times. If all six buttons blink three times, you have cycled through all codes for your source.
    - If your source button is off: your remote exited programming mode. Repeat steps 1 and 2 in “Enter the code” and steps 1 and 2 in “Test the code.”

Let me know the results.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support