Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

SoundTouch 300 limited compatibility

I have the complete SoundTouch 300 set up with bass module and virtual invisible speakers. I also have 2-SoundTouch 30 and 1-SoundTouch 20. WHY DOES BOSE MAKE THE SOUNDTOUCH 300 soundbar NOT, compatible with SoundTouch 30 for watching movies? They only pair up for music and it sounds freakin awesome. I mean, it would sound way way better than the virtual invisible speakers when watching movies. I mean don’t get me wrong, SoundTouch 300 system is awesome, but I can see it being bigger and better. And are you gonna make an update to do so? Meaning connecting SoundTouch 300 to SoundTouch 30s for movie set up. Cmon Bose, better sound through research? Then make it happen with an update to the firmware.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 limited compatibility

Hello jmartin6275,

Thank you for the post and welcome to the community!

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying all of your SoundTouch systems and sharing your experience with the community. 

As for being able to play in sync using "Wired Rebroadcast," I completely understand your want of being able to use your SoundTouch 30 in conjunction as an additional speaker for your home theater setup. I will pass this along to development as feedback for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

I want to be able to use the SoundTouch 30 to connect to my SoundTouch 300 for watching movies. As for now, the SoundTouch 30 will connect to the SoundTouch 300 but only for listening to music. Also, can bose make an update to add more speakers to the SoundTouch 300? For example: adding an extra bass module and an extra set of virtual invisible speakers. Meaning having 2 bass modules and 2 sets of virtually invisible speakers. Right now I think you can do 2 bass modules but that would not allow you to connect virtually invisible speakers. I would like to see more capabilities with the SoundTouch 300 to have more room for expansion. If it’s not capable or Bose won’t do that capabilities than maybe Bose might make a new type of soundbar that can, if so than I just wasted all this money buying this brand from the get go.
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@jmartin6275 wrote:
I want to be able to use the SoundTouch 30 to connect to my SoundTouch 300 for watching movies. As for now, the SoundTouch 30 will connect to the SoundTouch 300 but only for listening to music. Also, can bose make an update to add more speakers to the SoundTouch 300? For example: adding an extra bass module and an extra set of virtual invisible speakers. Meaning having 2 bass modules and 2 sets of virtually invisible speakers. Right now I think you can do 2 bass modules but that would not allow you to connect virtually invisible speakers. I would like to see more capabilities with the SoundTouch 300 to have more room for expansion. If it’s not capable or Bose won’t do that capabilities than maybe Bose might make a new type of soundbar that can, if so than I just wasted all this money buying this brand from the get go.

You have made a number of requests that really exceed the design of the SoundTouch 300 / 30 systems respectively. 

The ST300 system is intended as a medium range all in one sound bar solution which utilizes Bose wave guide technologies for the front channels and some discrete rear channel applications. The original Bose sound bars actually projected sound to the side and rear walls for a virtual sound effect without any discrete speakers.

The ST30 was designed as an all in one speaker with internet and multiroom network capability. I agree they are really good sounding speakers - for music. 

I would suggest you have a look at the Lifestyle 650. This system will give you rubust home theater features including discrete 5.1 channel sound  and I believe there is room for a second sub.

Alternatively you may want to look at a competitor’s boxy AV home theatre option with lots of speakers and wires.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

rickatk? Do you work for Bose or your just trying to put your 2 cents in the comments? You say my request far exceeds Bose SoundTouch 300 expectations? Well it’s all in the SoundTouch design but limited and probably built that way to make the customers spend more money. Idk. Customers spend good money for good stuff but it seems there’s a catch with Bose products by the way they design their stuff and it’s only limited to certain compatibilities. And you say an alternative is a boxy A/V? My next project is a boxy A/V with klipsch and SVS subs for my movie room. Wireless is spreading throughout audio companies as you should see. If you know audio, than you know Bose can’t even compare to that. Bose can thank you for giving me that advice.