SoundTouch 520 turns off, immediately tv power on and so...

Silent Starter

SoundTouch 520 turns off, immediately tv power on and so...

Dear Bose,

I’m an unhappy owner of SoundTouch 520 and a sony oled A1. I tried to contact bose support many times but they were not able to fix my problem.

I connected via Hdmi my Tv to bose box (using hdmi tv door). I would like to use predefinite hdmi cec, but i have some issues with it. When i turn on my tv, correctly bose starts up and i can watch tv with great sound of my HT. When i turn off my Tv, bose turns off with it BUT, immediately, my Tv turns on again together with my bose.. so it is impossible to shutdown my tv because they go in loop (if i turn off everything, automatically everything turns on again and so...). The only way to work it is selecting alternative hdmi cec and turn off my tv only with bose remote.... but i would like to use just Tv remote and turn on/off everything with it.
I hope u can help me

Best regards
Alessandro
19 REPLIES 19
Wistful Whiz

Re: SoundTouch 520 turns off, immediately tv power on and so...

Hi sandromxm
Has the Sony Tv got a auto on/off switch in the CEC menu settings? if so,toggle with this switch for your desired setup.
Hope this helps
Squadie
Quiet Contributor

Dear Squadie,

Thanks for reply.

I already tried it, but if i toggle auto switch OFF on my TV in hdmi cec settings, then im not able to control my TV with tv remote if i want to turn it off, then i have to use also bose remote... (and i dont want to use bose remote but only tv remote).

other advice?

Wistful Whiz

That is strange, on my Lg OLED, in general settings, I have CEC turned on, Auto off turned off which enables consumer electronics control but, does not turn off the tv if one of the selected devices is turned off.
I would consider reaching out to Sony on this issue.
All the best
Squadie
Audible Advocate

I have exactly the same problem with a TV Sony KD65A1 and Bose LifeStyle 650.

I think it is an issue related to Bose (not to Sony) since the LS650 is the first to switch on again by itself and then the TV switches on as a consequence.

The problem occurs randomly in about 20% of cases, which is enough to make my wife crazy.

I have tried all the possible CEC combinations of parameters but the problem is still there and nobody was able to provide me with a solution.

D.

Quiet Contributor

Dear Raitano,

Im glad to inform you that new firmware (6.5603) for our tv kd65 A1 is available and you can download it from sony website via USB (i get it a couple of day ago) or via OTA (for me was not ready).
Reading its changelog, new firmware helps to reduce time of communication between TV and soundbars/HT (as our bose).
It means that now Tv and my cinemate work, finally, perfectly together.
Let me know if u fix it as well!

Best regards
Alessandro
Audible Advocate

Thank you Alessandro, this is a great news.
I will upgrade my TV asap.
In the meantime could you please tell me exactly which parameters have you set both Bose and TV side?
Thanks.
Davide
Quiet Contributor

Sure.

Bose cinamate: hdmi cec : enabled and prendefinite (NOT ALTERNATIVE)

A1: settings bravia sync:
Automatic switch off: on
Automatic switch on: on

Let me know.
Alessandro
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

I have the same problem with my 650 and the Sony XBRA1E. Every time I power off, the Bose powers back on immediately waking all the CEC devices. I have tried many combinations and the best I can figure out is Alternative On, which then doesn't wake the Lifestyle if a CEC device (like Apple TV) is woke. Please advise.

Hello Scott L.,

It looks like there may be a firmware update available for your TV (your XBR-XXA1E is the US variant of the KD-XXA1) as of 3/20/18. The posts above outline settings that may work for you as well.

Let us know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Greg