SoundTouch 520 turns off, immediately tv power on and so...

Animated Arbiter

Re: SoundTouch 520 turns off, immediately tv power on and so...

Greg, I will try this tonight. I did run a software update when the TV first turned on. I will check to make sure this firmware is running or I need to update it again. I'll get back to you soon.

Animated Arbiter

When I run the software update it says I'm up to date. I am running Version 7.0. Kernel 3.10.79. Can someone confirm?

Hi Scott,

Sounds like it's up to date.  Thanks for checking that.

You've stated in a previous post that you have an Apple TV connected to the LS650 system.  Can we try disconnecting it from the console, and seeing if this issue still happens?

Best,

Brandon - Community Support

Animated Arbiter

See below

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Brandon,

So, after many hours of switching HDMI cables, inputs, settings on all 3 devices, etc. I have discovered that the Apple TV is causing the problem because the Bose receiver isn't sending the correct command to the Apple TV to power it off. The Sony remote isn't much better. 

The Sony remote gives the user access to an "Action Menu" which brings up commands specific to the attached CEC device on-screen. The option for "Power" will turn the Apple TV off, and then you can use the (Sony or Bose) remote to power off which will also turn off the other (Sony or Bose) device.

When trying to use the Bose remote to "Power" off the Apple TV, the Bose remote cannot get the Apple TV off. The Bose remote will turn the Sony TV and the Bose Lifestyle system off, but not the Apple TV, which immediately wakes the TV and Bose back up.

When using the Apple TV remote to "Sleep" the Apple TV. The Bose and Sony essentially power off and right back on. While the Apple TV is "sleeping" it is not "powered off" like the Sony on-screen menu option does, but rather in a standby mode instead—which leads to the TV and Bose turning back on every time you power them off (from either the Bose or Sony remotes). 

There is abaolutely a difference between the "Power" command and the "Sleep" command for Apple TV. When the Bose system sends a CEC signal after pressing the power button on the Bose remote that does a "System Off" power down off of all devices, the command that needs to be sent to the Apple TV needs to be whatever the Sony TV sends the Apple TV from that on-screen menu. Once the Apple TV is off and then power is turned off on either the Bose or Sony, the Sony or Bose turn off too. Once the Apple TV is woke via the Apple TV remote or another device using AirPlay, all devices turn back on. The "Power" command puts the Apple TV in a slumber that allows it to be awakened and then send the CEC from the Apple TV to wake the other devices.

In short—the only work around it to use the Sony remote, access the "Action" menu to "Power" the Apple TV off before pressing power on the remote to turn off the TV, which in turn sends a CEC signal to turn off the Bose.

Animated Arbiter

Brandon, can you confirm any of this against other reports? What should I do? 

Hi Scott,

Thanks for all of the information.  Ultimately it sounds like a CEC issue between the Apple TV and the Bose system.  I'm going to submit a ticket to have this investigated, so I may ask for a bit more information.

Best,

Brandon

Animated Arbiter

Brandon,

That's fine. I'm also willing to chat over the phone if need be. I would be more than happy in assiting you get this iissue resolved. Thanks!

Animated Arbiter

Any update?

Hi Scott,

No updates as of yet. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything on it.

Best,

Brandon