Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronbo9999
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

SoundTouch IV not displaying in AirPlay 2 Device List

My Wave SoundTouch IV is not displaying in my Airplay 2 device lists even though my SoundTouch 10 displays fine. I have already followed all the steps at: https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/soundtouch-system-name-not-displaying-in-airplay-device-l... including updates to all software, resetting/rebooting, same networks etc. The unit plays wifi music fine. Even within the Bose app, Airplay is not listed as a "Source" like it is for the SoundTouch 10. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ronbo9999
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Re: SoundTouch IV not displaying in AirPlay 2 Device List

Author Accepted Answer selected by ronbo9999

Just to close this out - turns out I had an old unit and Bose had to change a circuit card in the base assembly with the latest hardware to give me the AirPlay 2 capability. It now works perfectly and having AirPlay 2 is fantastic. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jessie_O

Hi Ronbo9999, 

Thank you for your post and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your with Airplay 2 on your Wave. I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you.

If there is anything more we can do, please reach out again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ronbo9999
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by ronbo9999

Just to close this out - turns out I had an old unit and Bose had to change a circuit card in the base assembly with the latest hardware to give me the AirPlay 2 capability. It now works perfectly and having AirPlay 2 is fantastic. 

View solution in original post