Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wg.texas
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

SoundTouch app not connecting to Bose servers

The SoundTouch app not connecting to Bose servers (errors 4004/0 & 400/4012).

Does NOT connecting to the Bose 600 Home Theater system.

I believe the "checking for update" fails 'cuz it can't connect to the Bose servers.

This has been going on for several days, now

I've uninstalled/installed the SoundTouch app several times(android phone), and now installed it on my laptop, still not connecting to Bose servers same errors.

What now?

10 REPLIES 10
Jeff_G

Re: SoundTouch app not connecting to Bose servers

Hello wg.texas, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site! 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the SoundTouch app.

With regard to troubleshooting, have you tried the following: 

- Check to ensure your smartphone/computers are connected to the same SSID? 

- Unplugging the router from power for a few minutes, then reconnecting it to power. 

- Ensure no VPNs are being used.

I'll look forward to your response. If anyone else on the Community is having similar issues, please feel free to add to the discussion. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
wg.texas
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

- Check to ensure your smartphone/computers are connected to the same SSID?   Yes

- Unplugging the router from power for a few minutes, then reconnecting it to power.  Tried this Saturday night, some issues were resolved.

- Ensure no VPNs are being used. No VPN's

I believe the "checking for update" fails 'cuz it can't connect to the Bose servers. The STa (Sound Touch app) not connecting to Bose servers, "problem checking for the update - error 4004/0 " & error "400/4012".

Does NOT connecting to the Bose 600 Home Theater System. The HTS is wired to my network as is the computer.

Tried to remove the speaker "Got it, Taking care of that for you...", and then "problem checking for the update - error "4004/0 " pops up.

Hector_B

Hi wg.texas, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

So that we can ensure that this has nothing to do with the device can you please ensure that your device is running the latest software version? I would also like for you to check to see if MAC filtering is enabled on the router? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the answers to the questions above. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
wg.texas
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Morning Hector,

I have checked for an "update" several times over the past two weeks, the response has been either system is up to date or no new updates. The ASDL Modem, has been replaced twice, the original was a  Actiontec (it was not synching, Phone company upgraded connection speed & I'm at the maximum distance from the equipment "shack") , they mailed replacement a Netgear D2200D. It failed in less than three days, the Tech said they had received a bad lot and brought a replacement Netgear D2200D.

I did not set up MAC Filtering on any of the modems. I thought I saw something about MAC Filtering on the modem web page, but I couldn't find it just now.

SoundTouch-TV-Roo
m
Type:COMPUTER
Connection type:WIRED
IP Address:192.168.254.32
IP Address Allocation:DHCP
MAC Address:f0:b5:d1:c1:c4:cd

I tried deleting "Living Room" speaker, had problems deleting it, created new "TV Room" speaker.

I even created new Bose Id with a different email address.

What happens if an Bose update fails?

Jeff_G

Hello wg.texas, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

Can you please confirm if you have any antivirus/anti-malware software on the computer/smartphone you are using? This can sometimes have a negative effect as it proactively blocks connections to the speaker. If you do, please try disabling the software to see if this helps with the issue. 

In the meantime, please check out this page for updating the system manually. There is a USB method that can be performed if you wish to update the firmware. 

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

wg.texas
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

My 2nd Bose user id doesn't work, will try original account and user id again.

On the phone - Android 8.0.0 OS, Verizon security (Play Protect?). The Sound Touch app was installed and functioning 6 weeks ago. STa in currently uninstalled, will try reinstalling.

On the computer - Windows 10 - Windows Security only.

Disabled Windows Defender Firewall. 

Attempted USB installation, copied "Update.avu" (root directory). Installation failed "something went wrong".

Formatted a USB drive, copied "Update.avu" to USB drive. Attempted USB installation. Installation is in progress..

wg.texas
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Sound Touch app is installed on the phone. I log in, "Hmm... There was a problem checking for the update. (4004/0). I click "OK".

TuneIn is the default source, does not work and the error is "Hmm... We can't play that right now. please try again later (1005)". I try Pandora and it does not work and the error is "Hmm... We can't play that right now. please try again later (1036)".  

Zoe_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello wg.texas,

Thanks for getting back in touch and providing this information. Just to confirm was the update successful or did it just show as in progress with no real progress made? Or did the update complete but you are still getting the error message? 

I would also recommend that you reboot your router and then try again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

wg.texas
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

The USB update was successful. Had a little trouble with the my Bose accountS', I believe the main one is working, I'll ignore the secondary one (perhaps get it deleted?). Neither phone or computer found the "speaker" first thing this morning (or the previous two weeks, but when I ADD a speaker, the existing speaker will pop up. I'd add it but it wouldn't "stick" (wouldn't show up after closing and opening the Sound Touch app). 

A couple of "different pages" popped up this morning, kind'a like my account had been reset (?) and Sound Touch for the computer is working. I haven't shut the STa down and reopened it but those "different pages" make think it will work now. Thanks for your help on that.

The STa on the android did not function this morning. I'll uninstall the STa, shut off the phone for awhile and re-install. I'll wait on that before closing this issue.

Thanks again for your help.