BrunoH
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2019

SoundTouch on Lifestyle 600 starts TV

When I launch the SoundTouch app and play music through my Lifestyle system the TV is switched on. I know I’m being lazy, but is there an option to stop this happening? I obviously still need it to link and start in TV mode.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: SoundTouch on Lifestyle 600 starts TV

Author Accepted Answer selected by BrunoH

The Soundtouch app is turning on your Bose Lifestyle 600 as it should.  Then, CEC is turning on your TV.  I suppose you need to turn off CEC in your Bose system or TV, not sure which.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by BrunoH

The Soundtouch app is turning on your Bose Lifestyle 600 as it should.  Then, CEC is turning on your TV.  I suppose you need to turn off CEC in your Bose system or TV, not sure which.

View solution in original post

Sam_F

Hey @BrunoH,

That sounds like a normal process of CEC coming into play, as @Xyz987 has correctly stated. The TV is receiving a signal from your Bose system being turned on and in turn, is powering itself on.

The best advice would be to adjust the CEC option in the SoundTouch settings, to either Alternate or Off. To do this:

1. On the remote, press the SETUP to view the system menu. (Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected)
  2. Select CEC Settings
  3. Scroll up or down to select an HDMI-CEC setting, then press the OK button:
    1. Default On: Enables CEC
    2. Alternate On: Try this setting if you cannot control or experience unexpected control with certain devices
    3. Off: Disables CEC
  4. Press EXIT to exit the menu

Let me know how it goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BrunoH
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 17, 2019

Thanks for the advice and I have tried all the CEC options and the TV still comes on with the SoundTouch app launching, probably because I am using the HDMI ARC connection.

I use the Alexa skill to play music through Bose and just ask Alexa to turn the TV off.

Thank you for the suggestions anyway.

Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

No, it's not because of HDMI ARC.  It's because of CEC.  Turn off CEC in your Soundtouch application and also in your TV setup and see if it stops.

harshil59
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Hi,

I have the Bose Lifestyle 600 with the Samsung Q90T. I have successfully connected the system and it it is currently configured as follows:

Bose Lifestyle---> TV (HDMI Arc)

Sky box----> Bose Lifestyle (HDMI back port on Bose console)

When I turn on the tv using the Samsung remote it at times fails to turn on the Bose lifestyle system. This is odd since at times it does turn on with the TV but other times it fails to. 

I have successfully turned on universal remote on Samsung to allow control of the bose system but it still fails to turn on the Bose system when turning on the tv with the Samsung remote. As such no picture shows since the Sky box is connected to the Bose system. When I then turn on the bose system with the bose remote everything works fine- however, I want it to turn on with the Samsung remote.

I have a disabled auto turn off on the Bose system but it still turns off when the Tv turns off. I have also tried switching CEC to alternative but no luck. Sometimes it randomly starts to work and then it suddenly stops after turning of the TV a few times. Any help - can I assume the bose console unit is faulty?

harshil59
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Hi,

This issue is actually separate to the one it was merged to.

This is about the Bose system NOT turning on with the TV rather than the TV turning on the system.

I still need some help as this is an ongoing issue

subrasri
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 31, 2017

I stumbled upon this post as I was myself having similar problem of TV automatically starting while soundtouch app was enabled to play music.  I also have a LS 600 connected to my sony 75x950g.  What I observed was the TV automatically starting despite disabling CEC or ARC was because of the IR blaster in Bose LS 600 automatically sending an IR signal to switch on the TV.  If you go to Bose menu -> TM Remote setup --> and select use supplied remote, you will no longer see TV switching ON .  However it means you will have to use your TV remote to switch on your TV and operate as your Bose remote will no longer control.