Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

SoundTouch software setup multiple users and spotify

Hi Community and BOSE,

To say it in a polite way - what were you (BOSE) thinking when designing the SoundTouch app - not user friendliness for sure.

I have Bose soundtouch 10 and 20 at home and have just ordered the Bose Lifestyle 600 for our home - and I am seriously considering to revoke my order due to the exhausting and painstaking process of setting up the software on two iPhones.

You claim that when I am setting up my Bose account and I am connecting my sound system to the network, it should be easy peasy to setup on other devices - as my daughters iPhone. But far from....

I had to run the setup process on her phone and the speakers all over again. That is crazy. The speakers should be visible on my network, but starting the software setup on my daughters phone, I had to run the entire setup once again.

We have just bought Spotify Premium Family in order for us to seperate our accounts. And that is apparently not supportet on SoundTouch. My daughter was the first one to use Spotify via the SoundTouch app - there's not even a way to log her out of the app and log me in instead. Once logged in - the SoundTouch app apears to be married with her account. Now that Spotify is excluded from having multiple acounts in the SoundTouch app, it should be possible to log out any given account and log in with another account.

• How come that my speakers are not visible at network in a way that when activating a new SoundTouch app with my Bose account?
  • How come that only one unit can be Bluetooth paired with the system at the time?
  • How come that the system can only be activated with one Spotify account?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: SoundTouch software setup multiple users and spotify

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lars2B

Hi Lars2B, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when using the SoundTouch Application. Allow me to help clarify some details which may be of assistance. 

The SoundTouch application will allow you to control all of your SoundTouch Speakers seamlessly. However, you can only have one SoundTouch account per household. Though your speakers may be connected to the network, they need to be added to a SoundTouch Account to allow them to be seen in the application. This means you will need to be logged into the same account across all of your devices to avoid having to add them to the account every time. 

Also, you are able to add multiple Spotify accounts to the application. All you need to do is add them separately. Once you have added your account, you can go in and add your daughters account straight after. It will then give you two available Spotify accounts to choose from when you go to the available music services. Alternatively, once your speakers are connected to the network, you can play to them through Spotify Connect on the Spotify app. 

I hope this has proved helpful and helped to clarify these details. If you have any further questions or are still experiencing issues please come back to us. We would be happy to assist you. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by Lars2B

Hi Lars2B, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues when using the SoundTouch Application. Allow me to help clarify some details which may be of assistance. 

The SoundTouch application will allow you to control all of your SoundTouch Speakers seamlessly. However, you can only have one SoundTouch account per household. Though your speakers may be connected to the network, they need to be added to a SoundTouch Account to allow them to be seen in the application. This means you will need to be logged into the same account across all of your devices to avoid having to add them to the account every time. 

Also, you are able to add multiple Spotify accounts to the application. All you need to do is add them separately. Once you have added your account, you can go in and add your daughters account straight after. It will then give you two available Spotify accounts to choose from when you go to the available music services. Alternatively, once your speakers are connected to the network, you can play to them through Spotify Connect on the Spotify app. 

I hope this has proved helpful and helped to clarify these details. If you have any further questions or are still experiencing issues please come back to us. We would be happy to assist you. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Thank you so much Jessie - you took my frustration away;-) And I must say that now that it has been setup correctly, it is really a cool app. Looking forward to receive the LifeStyle 600 system:-)

Highlighted

Hi Lars2B, 

You are more than welcome!

I'm glad to hear that your systems have been set up in a way that is best for you and you are enjoying your music! 

If you have found the explanation helpful and resolved your query, kindly mark the post as an 'Accepted Solution' to assist other members of the community which may be experiencing the same issue. 

Once again, I'm glad to hear everything is running smoothly and hope that you will enjoy your new LifeStyle 600 system!

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O