Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Soundbar 500 - Volume keeps cutting of for split seconds randomly!

I purchased the Soundbar 500 (799702-4100) and Bass Module 500 (796145-4100) on 30th December 2018 in Dubai, UAE from the Bose Store for AED3948 (USD1075).

The speakers were setup on the same day (after over a 3 hour update), I played some music via bluetooth, however noticed that the voulme kept cutting off randomly. Ther was also a drag in the tracks and it played in breaks like as if it was disconnecting and connecting again. This was starange as I have a 20mbs connection which has never affetcted playing music online. Also, tried playing pre-recorded music but to no avail. I called the store immediately to complain, but they informed me to let the speakers get updated completely and to use them for a while which would resolve the problem.

It's January 2019 and the same problems persists, to the extent that when we play music on the speakers, we actually turn off all our Wi-fi related products in the hope that maybe thats a solution and it will play normally. However, it is not and am really shocked that no one in Bose could offer me a solution? The only available advice online from Bose is some vague troubleshooting info? Not helpfull at all for the price paid.

My TV is not connected to the soundbar, as if the same has to be returened or taken to the store for an evaluation, I would have to remove the TV from the wall etc etc.

Whenever the problem starts, I play music on my Sony mini soundbar and it plays fantastically plus we can all use the Wi-fi at home, surf the net with all normal functions, no problem at all!

I am familiar with Bose as I own an Acoustimass, Companion 3, 2 Mini Sounlink's 2 and now a Soundbar 500 with Bass Module 500!!

Even thou my older systems still work perfectly, I was hoping not to experience problems like the Mini Soundlink 2 which also cuts off and you have to learn what the lights mean when its not working or requires an update or the bluetooth disconnects from users and will then only log on to one random user ? 

I am confident that Bose is aware of this problem but chose to mis-lead people into it's bluetooth soundbar tech as we realised, not a single store accross Dubai permited us to connect via bluetooth and check the Sound Bar 500 or 700?!! Trust me we tried at every store and they did'nt allow us. We were only shown the pre-setup which was obviously good since its all prepard by Bose. 

HELP! I am highly disappointed as this was bought to start our New Year and it was really embarrising when friends were over. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Re: Soundbar 500 - Volume keeps cutting of for split seconds randomly!

Hello CHiragDsouza! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, but would like to help. Let's start by refreshing the Bluetooth connection. Remove the soundbar from your mobile device's Bluetooth list. Then, On the soundbar's remote, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds. On the soundbar, the light bar will pulse blue twice to indicate it has successfully cleared the list of Bluetooth devices that had been connected to the soundbar.

Then pair your device with the following steps: 

1. On the remote, press and hold the Bluetooth button until the light bar pulses blue. This will allow the soundbar to be discovered by devices that can transmit its audio using a Bluetooth connection.
  2. On the mobile device, open the Bluetooth setting screen and turn on its Bluetooth feature. If an option to 'Search for available devices' or 'Pair a new device' is shown, select this option.
  3. Look for the name given to the soundbar when it was set up. If the soundbar wasn't renamed, the default name begins with "Bose Soundbar 700". Select the name of the soundbar once it is shown in the list of available devices.
    Once the connection between the mobile device and soundbar is successful, the soundbar will play a tone and the light bar will glow solid white.

I hope this helps! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting a response and a possible solution. I have a  Soundbar 500 btw.

There was no solution for my system, BOSE did replace the same once checked.

That's why I waited to respond to you as it did not solve the problem.

I am testing the new replacement Soundbar 500 and hope its all good.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello CHiragDsouza,

Thanks for the reply.

We're sorry to see you're still running into this issue using Bluetooth.

What is the make, model and software versions of the source devices you're connecting to the Soundbar 500 that are running into this issue?

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support