Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Soundbar 500 its downside and now the mike muted all the time

Hi,

I've set up the soundbar -eventually- after a lot of messing after it locked up following an immediate upgrade on switch on that took forever and I've got a 100meg link. Even then I had to take it back to manufacturers setup then disconnect for thirty seconds to get it to actually do something. Now I've even got Alexa. The problem is Alexa won't work as the mute red light stays on all the time. So how do you un-mute it? All this is pretty poor for such a hi-tec company, Or is it the sales seling something before the tec men have really got it in a reliable state to hand to a customer? Then why do you need Wifi when there is a network socket at the back?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundbar 500 its downside and now the mike muted all the time

Hi Plagarma,

Thanks for posting. I can see how that would be frustrating. To enable or disable the system's microphone: Tap the microphone icon of the top left side of the soundbar. The icon glows red when disabled.  The microphone can only be activated if a voice service is added for the product in the Bose Music app. The microphone cannot be enabled or disabled via voice commands or via the Bose Music app. Also, The network jack on the back of the soundbar is in case the user doesn't have access to WIFI.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support