Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajwestendorf
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Soundbar 500 static with google assistant

The sound quality is great when listening to music or watching TV, but when the google assistant responds, the voice is very distorted and static-y. Again, the sound quality is great and this just started a day or two ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Soundbar 500 static with google assistant

Author Accepted Answer selected by ajwestendorf

Thanks for coming back to us, @ajwestendorf

I'll be more than happy to help you uninstall and reinstall the assistant. All you need to do us open the Bose Music application and head over to the settings menu (this is in the bubble on the right-hand side on the 'My Bose' screen). Once there, scroll to 'Voice Assistant', click on 'Google Assistant' and remove. To re-add the assistant, follow the same steps but add instead of remove. 

I would recommend resetting the soundbar in between uninstalling and re-installing. This will, hopefully, help with uniforming the audio quality. To do this, follow the instructions outlined HERE

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tegan_M

Hi ajwestendorf,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, sorry you're getting some poor audio quality from your Google Assistant. 

Has your assistants audio always been poor, or is this a recent occurrence? 

When you use other WiFi features within the Bose Music app, do you also get this poor quality?

Have you tried removing and re-adding your Google Assistant?

Do let us know!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
ajwestendorf
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

Hi!

The wifi works fine such as Spotify and casting to the stereo. It's only when the Google assistant voice replies. For example, if I ask the sound bar to play a song, it'll be static when it responds and then play normally when it's the song. 

The assistant started to be static the day I posted this, before that it worked fine.

I haven't tried to uninstall or reinstall the assistant, I'm not sure how to do that.

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by ajwestendorf

Thanks for coming back to us, @ajwestendorf

I'll be more than happy to help you uninstall and reinstall the assistant. All you need to do us open the Bose Music application and head over to the settings menu (this is in the bubble on the right-hand side on the 'My Bose' screen). Once there, scroll to 'Voice Assistant', click on 'Google Assistant' and remove. To re-add the assistant, follow the same steps but add instead of remove. 

I would recommend resetting the soundbar in between uninstalling and re-installing. This will, hopefully, help with uniforming the audio quality. To do this, follow the instructions outlined HERE

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

ajwestendorf
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2019

That worked, thank you! I didn't know you could uninstall the assistant, that's great!